Kahr Now Pushing L Drums

Trying to make as much as they can while the window is still open. I was surprised as well at the increase on the X. I think I gave 115 when I ordered one with my 27.

The way any new legal proposals look the 27 and M1 are going to be included with the rest of the quote assault weapons unless the bills don't pass.

Crow, If we all do our part, we won't have another Ban. I will certainly do all that I can, and I hope that everyone will also. The battles will never go away, while all of us are still celebrating our last victory, lets assure ourselves that we can do it again if and when the need arises! WE cannot let your guard down, ever. I noticed that the Brady Campaign has stated on their Site that the Ban has only temporarily expired. These folks won't back down, and neither shall we.

According to the price sheet I have dated October 15, 2002 the price for a 10 round was $139 and the 50 retailed for $275

Not to say the weren't available for less but these are catalog prices.

Of course I like the older price sheet from November 1, 1992 better

C Drums $345.00

L Drums $139.95

I actually tried to order from their website. I entered biloing and shipping information and clicked the "continue" button and got one of those search pages you get when a website or website portion is not found. Typical...

I would also point out that the website is not correct regarding Maryland law. These drums are legal to possess in Maryland. They cannot be shipped to Maryland and cannot be sold over the counter in the state, but possession is legal.

"A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm. Md. Criminal Law Code 4-305( B ). This section does not apply to a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine. Section 4-305(a)."

Purchases in another state or shipping mail order to another state is outside of the scope of this law. Possession is explicity not listed.

Edited by DC Chris

Chris, You're right. I have even found that most websites with the ability to have a "bill to" and "ship to" address have no problem sending mags out of state. Heck, the MD State Police will tell you to go to PA to get any needed magazines over 20 rounds! However, a few folk will not even SELL a mag to a MD resident if the billing address is in MD. CTD was one and a few sellers on Gunbroker state this as well.

I did not even get past the addresses on the Kahr website before it went into never never land. I'll just wait until a group buy on this board takes shape.

I hate to be a hardass, but when a seller reinterprets the law and makes it more stringent, they are, in my opinion, as bad as the anti-gunners themselves. Your Chicago example is a perfect one. As an example, Delta Force will not send a magazine over 10 rounds to about five states, at least two of the states allowing 15s and 20's with no problem. I think NJ allows big mags if they're blocked to 10 rounds when used.

QUOTE (fred @ Sep 23 2004, 10:15 AM)

I hate to be a hardass, but when a seller reinterprets the law and makes it more stringent, they are, in my opinion, as bad as the anti-gunners themselves. Your Chicago example is a perfect one. As an example, Delta Force will not send a magazine over 10 rounds to about five states, at least two of the states allowing 15s and 20's with no problem. I think NJ allows big mags if they're blocked to 10 rounds when used.

Sellers reinterpreting the law? Kieslers won't sell any ammo to New York, Illinois and a few other places.

F*ck them, their prices suck anyway,

As frustrating as it is we need to remember we live in a land where there are lawyers and some government agents are willing to go after people who meant well but made a mistake.

The fact is the true criminals are harder to catch and prosecute so the common people who make minor mistakes are treated as the real criminals.

I think I said that how I meant it.

I much prefer to group buy with PK...L and C drums...at least that way the members here will benefit..I,for one, will wait for some good news from PK.. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

It would seem (and I could well be wrong) that if Kahr wants to raise thier prices from preban pricing to "catch the wave" so to speak then they are free to do so- and we collectively can shoose not to go along with it and we shouldn't- Don't know how may are onthis board but a bit of a boycott certainly won't hurt and I am game for it-act as if the ban never expired- Yes several loaded for a day at the range would be nice but is not necessary at all, I only have one 39 round drum adn one L drum.

Problem is traitorous scumbags who would buy anyway- that is why we will probably not have much impact if we don't stick together. I for one stand against paying an unreasonable price ($300+) for a L drum and will not buy one at all-

Who is with me, we need thousands to tow the line.

If you look at most of the firearm manufacturers on line that sell direct, their prices are almost always higher than what you would pay through a dealer.

Kahr and others are selling at suggested retail, plus charging shipping.

Same with the firearm magazines the prices are inflated, or the suggested price.

If the guys here holding an FFL checked with their wholesaler they would find a better price, and offer a lower one pending the profit margin they need to have.

I agree Lionhart, we must keep a constant vigil, as the anti's are gearing up for another push.

Aaahhhh! The power of numbers!

Based on my Guesstimate we have well over 100 drums and that SHOULD get us a very decent discount.

I, for one would be willing to back away from the deal if Kahr tries to stiff us with an outrageous price.

As mentioned previously, none of us "NEEDS" these drums. It's all "WANT".

Can we do without??

Some of the best deals I've ever gotten were as I was walking away from a deal.

Ya gotta be willing to walk away. So, who is willing to walk? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

john

Well, I always get caught up posting based on page one without looking at what's on page two. Sorry PK!!

PK (Bless his heart) already has the price problem solved. Under $200 is a decent price (and the more "under" 200 the better!

john http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif