Looking for an 80% M1928A1 Receiver

Good Evening Everyone,

I recently purchased a Thompson m1928a1 savage made parts kit, and am looking to get an 80% receiver that I can make into a Dummy gun for display for living history events. I have seen the ones on IMA and I'm just not too impressed with them, and I really like the Philadelphia ordnance 80% receivers as they look far superior in quality and craftsmanship. I also like that they have the blish channel machined into them(or at least ive seen some with them machined.)

I thought id try here first to see if someone had a receiver already done up with the engraving and finishing, etc., that they were trying to get rid of before I purchase one new from Philly Ordnance if he still makes them. I was bidding on a beautiful Richardson receiver on GB not to long ago and it slipped through my hands unfortunately. This parts kit doesn't look good without a receiver to display it on! Thanks for the help guys!

-Broadarrowmaint

Still making 80% receivers. The standard receiver now has all of the options - extractor slot,

H-lock cuts, breech entry fillet, etc. WW2 military engraving including patent number block $130

this includes numbering receiver to match your trigger frame at no extra cost. Hot dip military blue

finish $30.

Right now orders are heavy and getting heavier with all of the M1 kits that have come in offered

by a variety of sellers. I would estimate current delivery 8-10 weeks. if you (or anyone) wants a

receiver all i need is your phone and email and i will put you on the list and contact you when

receiver is ready. No deposit is required.

Bob/Philly O

Yeah that is true! Id love to get ahold of that full auto m1928a1 bfong. For now, I have got my Semi m1927a1 that I have installed a blank only barrel (10.5 ") on and man is it a hoot to shoot. I can off quite a few rounds pretty quickly with that thing, the restrictor is just right so it runs flawlessly. I love it. As far as static displays for living history, the PO 80% display gun will be perfect.

I got the 80% reciever and here it is so far! Still need to find out how to add the buffer pilot out the end of the reciever and Im currently trying to work out how to add an actuator knob and a bolt that I can display in the open bolt position so it looks ready to go. I hand stamped the savage serial number to match the grip frame and added the flaming bomb. I know it may be a little too big, but did they use that style flaming bomb on any of the receivers? I think Ive seen one or two in that style on AOC Bridgeport guns but Im not sure. Anyways here it is so far W.I.P. Critiques are always welcome!

post-261831-0-60004100-1554665580_thumb.jpeg

post-261831-0-49287900-1554665591_thumb.jpeg

post-261831-0-96565200-1554665602_thumb.jpeg

Kahr Arms makes a respectable knurled ball cocking knob for their semi auto.

I think its around $40. You can contrive to fit it in position in the actuator slot. You

can get a new stripped bolt from Sarco for $50 and cut the head off to do what

you need. We used to make dummy bolt heads but there was so much machining

required with small mills that we sold them for $50 so I don't think you can go wrong

using a new bolt.

Bob