GREAT BRITAIN - THE TOMMY GUN STORY

TD - if you're looking for a good retailer for the book, I know that the book section in the gift shop at NRA Headquarters in Fairfax Va features many highly specialized gun books such as yours. A lot of them are signed by the author.

That's where I picked up my Ultimate Thompson Book.

Edited by richard w.

TD,

Excellent! I have read about 1/2 way through and I realized I am being transported back to the WWII days...In spite of there being a lot of numbers, this book is telling the story of what it must have been like living through those dark days!

TD.

Just finished reading your new book. It gave me a new insight on how the British were desperately trying to procure weapons for their troops. Interesting was their thinking with cash and carry then with the lend-lease.

James West did a lot of research and hard work getting all the information while you were sitting at your computer with a drink in your hand.

I think this is a must read for any serious Thompson enthusiast.

The pictures are informative. I liked the picture on page 42 of the British soldier unloading a box of Thompson's and just pilling them up in his hands not worrier about the guns getting scratched. This is a far cry with the way we handle out Thompson's today. The only disturbing picture was at the end of the book.That was the picture of the author.

Great written book,

Frank

I certainly appreciate everyone's comments. Frank is right on point about Mk VII's research and hard work making this product possible. As I stated at the beginning of the book, all accolades for this work belong to James; I take responsibility for all gaffes. Our goal was to put a bargain priced book on the market that contained a lot of new information and put to rest, with documented sources, much mis-information on this subject.

About the last picture, that could have been the cover shot :lol:

richard w., I will certainly look at the bookstore at the NRA Headquarters as a potential retailer for my book. I would ask anyone that has a favorite gun show, Internet and/or brick & mortar book retailer to PM with the contact information as i do offer a very good wholesale discount to retailers. Asking for this book with your favorite seller and then recommending it goes along was in getting this book in the marketplace.

Again, thank you!

My book was dispatched yesterday from the US, it arrived in the UK 5000 miles later, today! How is that possible!!!

I was obviously very disappointed in that it had just flown 5000 miles and I had to leave for work with out so much as a flick through. Still, I can't wait to get home at 4am and have a read!

I am going to bump this back to the top so any late comers will see the announcement. It is soon to be sent to the book board.

I appreciate all the sales and comments. Again, thank you!

I got to enjoy it through the end this weekend. The only suggestion I would make on this great reference book would be to change the picture on the last page to a picture of Tango....

Thank again TD and every one else involved.

Larry

• 4 weeks later...

And while I am bumping things back to the top...

On a serious note I appreciate all the comments. James and I have both noted how every remark received thus far on the Board and via private e-mail has been positive. Thank you for all your support!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am going to bump this back up to the top again since new Thompson enthusiasts are always joining the Board. Sales have been good, thanks in large part to this Board and the many compliments offered by the members. If a new Thompson book can pass muster here....

I was informed by a reader that I needed to obtain more facebook likes for my website. I am not on facebook but do not mind asking those members who are on facebook to "Like" my website if you enjoyed the book. As always, thank you for all your support.

https://www.createspace.com/5070216

TD, if you're not on Facebook, you're nobody. Just saying. Hell, my mom is on FB! PS: Just bought the book. Thanks! R. ;-)

• 1 month later...

Rust,

I guess I am a nobody - no facebook for me :)

I hope you are enjoying the read. Will we see you at the upcoming All Thompson Show and Shoot in Granville, Ohio?

I am bringing this thread back up to the top on this wonderful 4th of July for the many new members that join the Board monthly.

Have a great holiday weekend!