Need Ammo for the TATA Shoot ?

I just made a special purchase of .45 Sellier and Bellot 230 grain FMJ factory ammo. This now has the small pistol primer.

This is my favorite Thompson ammo, brass cased and I condsider it very consistant.

If anyone needs any, I have a few thousand I can deliver to the TATA show, price is $365. per thousand.

Just PM if interested.

I already have you on the list "Giant Panda" !

Thanks, Jack

$18.25 a box out the door is a good price. I have never tried Sellier & Bellot. If someone does not want a full case, I will take 5 boxes just to give it a try during the open shoot. I'm talking C drum dump...

• Upvote 1

Tom, I use it all the time when I can find it. Get the whole case... you will eventually use it up.

If you decide that Westie does not like to eat it - I will buy the rest from you even though I have my own case coming!

Gotta practice a lot....

I have shot thousands of rounds of S&B. I have never had a bad round ever. It's all I like to shoot in my West Hurley. Only down fall is, they paint the primer red. Your bolt face will get red stain on it. Don't worry, it wipes right off.

Don't worry TD. Your Westy will love it. After all, mine won three steel plate shoots using it. You should go ahead and get at least 2000 rounds, you'll love it.

Tom,

You may not have tried it yet but your Westie has!

The S&B ammo that I brought with me had large primers but I can't see the new version with small primers acting up.

Let me know how it performs for you.

Pete

Chopper , have you closely checked your ammo ? Small primers has meant ( up till now , at least ) " green " ammo for lead reduction on indoor ranges . I bought a lot of Federal FMJ ammo because Wally World had it for sale a couple of bucks cheeper than Winchester white box FMJ. Did not pick up on it being small primer til I tried to reload it and found out such a thing existed . When I looked into it , I found the green load thing , and thought it strange they'd use a FMJ with an exposed base . Well , they didn't . Their FMJ , though FMJ on the box , was really TMJ plated lead.

Now , while these shot fine through my guns and reload fine ( I take out only one size primer at a time on a range trip so as not to have to separate ) , I'm still tiffed at Federal for their mis- advertising on the box.

Good luck , Chris

I stand corrected, I opened a case and it DOES HAVE THE LARGE PISTOL PRIMER.

For some reason I was thinking they had changed to a small primer.

Another note: They are not painted red, they appear to have a clear seal, something new.

I emailed S&B about this, we'll see what their reply is regarding this and I will post the responce.

Thanks