Ran across this last weekend. These are four original WWII Military slings. They are the No Buckle design, but are not Kerr Slings. These I think are WWII produced. There are four of them. Some minor rust on the buckles. These are New old stock. The interesting thing about them are they are stapled together with a piece of invoice paper, so they were never issued.

Any stab at what they may be worth. Since they are all together didn't know if someone here might be interested in having them for a display item.

I know the owner. He will let this go for a fair price. If no-one is interested, then he plans to put them on gunbroker.

Randy Greene TSMG slings2a.jpg

Randy Greene TSMG slings1a.jpg

Edited by Sandman1957

David,

Will send larger files to you on your email acct. From these two photos I can not see a date, but will ask the owner to take more photos. I will try and stop by his place on the way home tomorrow to look at them again myself. It does list a part number.

Sandman1957

They look to be in nice shape . I would say $85-$100 each . The paper looks to be handwritten on and not printed , so I don't see ( at this time ) any extra value as a four-pack bundle .

Chris

Its printed on a "form", I have asked for better photos of the actual writting and lettering.

If there is a date, that will be important to see if WWII, Korea, or Vietnam.

These are slings made to the Kerr NoBuckl pattern but had mustard colored sling straps and blued steel polished buckles. These were made and issued during WWII and were simply called M1 slings. The same item was made post war but these had OD cotton sling straps and parked steel buckles. These were the last Kerr pattern sling purchased by the US. They would be most correct for refurbished Thompsons provided as military assistance to other governments and used during the Korean conflict and later.

Saw the slings again, attached are a couple more photos. My take away, this form has been on the slings for a very long time. No date, only descriptions. Writing is fountain pen ink, black on a standard form. I added exactly what it says.

As emmagee 1917 pointed out, these are identified as M3 slings, batch of four (quantity).

Guns photos 568.JPG

Guns photos 569.JPG

Guns photos 570.JPG

Randy Greene TSMG slings2a.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

TO......................................................................................................................................................................................................

INVOICE NO............"963501-2"........................................................................................................................................................

STOCK NO................"021-7034230".................................................................................................................................................

DESCRIPTION..........."Sling"......................................."M3"...............................................................................................................

QUANTITY........................................."4"........................UNIT....................................................EA.....................................................

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall the brown form was approx 3 3/4 linches tall x 6 inches across.

Edited by Sandman1957

To review the bidding, what is each sling worth on fair market value, and are they worth more as 4 together with this invoice form.

Seller will most likely go either way, if there is a collector who wants it for display let me know. If not there are likely going on either Ebay or gunbroker.

Hope someone here gets first crack at them.

Cheers

Sandman1957