Book: Tommy: The Gun That Changed America, by Karen Blumenthal

I just received this new book in the mail today. I'm flying to Hanoi, Vietnam tomorrow on business, so I should have plenty of time to read it on the plane. At first glance, it looks kind of TGTMTTR'ish...Has anyone else read it yet?

Blumenthal_Book.JPG

I'll post a review when I finish reading the book.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

In her book, Blumenthal refers to the Gatling Gun as " the first truly workable machine gun." Expectations for accuracy are immediately dashed. Add to that the author was inspired to write this book after the Newtown shootings and decided that the "Thompson submachine gun, the first weapon of war to move to the streets" was a good place to start in her study of the evolution of gun control. The book's target age range is 12 to 18. She does include Helmer and Hill in her bibliography.

Not to mention she is a Cowboys fan.....

Edited by Arthur Fliegenheimer
  • Upvote 1

Thank you, Arthur. I just closed my Amazon tab.... R

Favorite team, the Dallas Cowgirls- I guess that answered the question on how good the book is.

Durian fruit for breakfast, I hear you like VM food, Mr. Albert, let me know how it's served.

Have a good trip.

OCM

Checked out her Amazon page.

Her next book, scheduled for January publication, is entitled "Hillary Rodham Clinton: A Woman Living History. "

Lol.

I heard yesterday she has about 47% of the vote out of the gate! So sad!

I hope they are wrong

'distillation of other books"- I'm going to steal the phrase and add on to it. Like that, good history phrase. Very true-

Distillation of facts, etc.

OCM