11 1/2" finned barrel with Cutts Compensator. Vertical finger groove

forend. 98% original receiver blue. 95% original barrel blue. 80%

compensator blue. 85% original buttplate blue. Original oil-finished walnut

stocks. Type "L", 50-shot drum magazine by Auto Ordnance Corp., New

York, NY. 99% Parkerized. 20-round blued box magazine marked with

1920 & 1921 patent dates. Lyman tangent rear sight. 1980s(?) repro black

hard case. ATF Form 4.

1921 Photo's

Just goes to show you some of those Colt owners have been kicked in the head to many times by the horse they rode in on. Probably only have the poor guy he bought it from about $12k for it to.

$12,00.00 for the gun thats right thats no 98% gun at all.................however the addiction will prevail,he should ask 50,000 thats a better figure.wink!!

and to think i sold them in that condition in 1999 for 6,000.00 what a deal huh??take care,ron

God, I can almost pay off my house for the price of that fancy toy!

That's not the original barrel on that gun. It has been replaced in my opinion. The barrel fins are too thick and there aren't the correct number. Way over priced for the condition.

This is a perfect example of how Colt TSMG owners deservedly incur the wrath of the rest of the Class III community. His percentages do average out to a 89% gun overall, but trying to call the condition of that receiver 98% must mean the grading system is now based on a curve only used in special ed classes . Now if this were described this way to a buyer, without any photos, that person would be in for a giant dissapointment if they closed the deal without ever seeing this weapon in person, never mind paying a 2010+ price in 2004, if an example such as this would even command such a figure in the future.

Gijive,

I think you spotted the Savage barrel also.

Ron,

You must be doubled over considering the conditon of the Colt's you have run across and owned.

Mike,

Even though this seller is whack, I am sure that if, and when, you were to sell your WWII M1 TSMG, you would not be limiting yourself to a marginal profit on your original $7k investment. Unless you pass down your good fortune of buying a TSMG below market value to the next owner?

Morris may want to raise his asking price compared to this. Yes folks $96k. Hmm did not the fabled Midas TMSG ask for something like that?

Thompson Sub Macine Gun 1921 Colt Model 1921 A. Unbelievable! Serial No. 6008. Original blue, untouched up, 50 and 100 round drums, FBI case and all accessories. $ 96,000. This is an original museum piece.

http://www.prestigearms.com/

Arthur,

I'm not sure that is even a Savage made barrel. It looks like it might be a current Numrich barrel. Also the seller states the barrel is 11 1/2 inches. The original barrels were 10 1/2 inches. I guess he means with the compensator. The barrel shown has 23 fins, all WWII made barrels I have seen have 28 or 29 fins.

Gijive,

You're on it! The rings don't even extend to the end of the vertical grip! The guy couldn't even susbstitute a Savage for the original Colt barrel. It's a Numrich, or worse. This is a $15K to $17K gun with the extras!

Sig,

The "Midas" TSMG managed to get $85K, only because of the rediculous media exposure hatched by J. Curtis Earl since 1973. This Colt #6008 does have some legit history to it. It was owned by E.E. Richardson, Auto-Ord salesman. Herigstad has it listed as 98% condition in his book, but he is just repeating the condition described in the sale advertisement back in 1995. But that kind of peripheral history would not demand $98K, regardless of the fraud perpetrated with the "Midas" gun. He also wants $27K for a NAC gun! What is that figure based on?

Not being able to see all of the receiver from the photos, i.e. under the butt stock frame, other end of actuator slot, inside wear, magazine well, etc, it would be difficult to render an assessment. But from what is shown, it would be safe to say under 94%.

The so-called "Midas" TSMG was originally a 1921A Colt sold to West Virgina State Police. By the time Curtis Earl bought the gun it was a 50% condition piece. Earl sold it to a customer in 1970/71 who had it reblued and engraved with gold inlay by Earl Bieu, who at some point in time had worked for Colt as an engraver. Also the wood was exchanged for remanufactured pieces made by the Bishop Stock Co. The barrel was changed and a 1st pattern Cutts compensator (possibly made by Earl) was added. Earl then wrote an articel for a 1973 issue of Guns & Ammo under a pseudonym prasing the gun, his collection, and himself, but never let on that it was Earl himself doing the aggrandizing. Presto! A legend/myth was born. The gun was on display at The Champlin Fighter Museum for most of the 80's and 90's. It was sold by Champlin in 2000. Then it was sold again last year. It is now on display at a museum in Florida. But no doubt without the embarrassing details that would detract from the allure of the gun.

Wow,..I did not know that original scratches and rust was so pricey! I`m gonna go home right now and beat up my 21 and post it for 30K... any takers? I bought a wh28 a year ago for 3.5K (seller`s price,not mine) and had to insure for 9K when I shipped it to PK last month...but 32K for a pieced together well worn anything is a joke... I bet he voted for clinton.

I've actually known Morris for a number of years, when he was still in CT. He is a stand up guy. I would bet more then anything that the gun is on consignment. NFA weapons aren't really his thing, he's more into high quality sporting arms...by the way, the Lewis gun he has looks to be ok with all the accessories it has with it (a little high in price, but not nearly as bad as the Thompson).

I the words of the great General Bobby Knight, and I quote, "When your going to be raped and you know it's going to happen and there's nothing you can do about it, just lay back and accept it." Same goes for paying the price on a Colt or other "TOP" name firearm.