Thompson Supply

With Thompson greed rearing it's head at every turn, it is quite obvious that demand is much greater than supply. Would anyone care to venture a guess on how many transferable Thompsons (incl. those replicas made at W.H. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif ) actually exist in the U.S. I realize that there most likely is no definitive answer to this question but thought it would be interesting to here your opinions.

colt's in the neigborhood of 2,500{only the gov. know's}we are talking papered gun's???

wes-hurlee's even more,since some semi's have been converted to full auto also.......

1928 1921a1 m1,m1a1,militaries,post,pre-86, c&r, dewat.

easily at least 5,000......................

remember thats sitting in dealer's, collectors.individual's....and the gov.and banks and police dept's................

yes i still know a few fed.reserves that have thompson's.....probably form 10 anyhow,{who care's}

i am sure you will get all kinds of figures with this post....... i am a newbee............to fact's and figures....wink!!!!have fun i sure am...........take care,ron

What would also being interesting to know is how many new people each year are finding out about Thompsons and joining the Thompson fan club. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif

QUOTE (JimFromFL @ May 8 2004, 06:01 PM)
What would also being interesting to know is how many new people each year are finding out about Thompsons and joining the Thompson fan club. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif

it will be less and less every year.......they have life to live.and some will not be able to spend $20,000.00 for a gun.............heck

i remember tales from guys buying.oh!!man!! i hope i can hide this $1,000.00 gun from the little old lady.............when i get back from this gun show.............and so on and so on.....

i went on a site earlier and it says e-mail for prices......nothing posted with price!!!

you know what that is >they buy at 30 cents on the dollar.....when you own it, its lead.as soon as they get it it's gold!! and rare and one only.sound familiar???

maybe you can say i soured of the class three bizz after 33 year's huh???

and guess what alot of the good guys have retired, died off or left the bizz............only a real handfull of the good one's left..............sad............and in ten or so years that will change also..........they are all getting older.......wink!!

some may join the new klub.witha semi and a 39 round drum and a brochure............you can say you heard that here first.............some may beg to differ.let them make that statement.................i have a answer for all of it.......

i am what i am popeye!!!

wink!! have fun with it jim,ya only go around once.ron

QUOTE (colt21a @ May 8 2004, 06:11 PM)
QUOTE (JimFromFL @ May 8 2004, 06:01 PM)

it will be less and less every year.......they have life to live.and some will not be able to spend $20,000.00 for a gun.............heck

i remember tales from guys buying.oh!!man!! i hope i can hide this $1,000.00 gun from the little old lady.............when i get back from this gun show.............and so on and so on.....

i went on a site earlier and it says e-mail for prices......nothing posted with price!!!

you know what that is >they buy at 30 cents on the dollar.....when you own it, its lead.as soon as they get it it's gold!! and rare and one only.sound familiar???

maybe you can say i soured of the class three bizz after 33 year's huh???

and guess what alot of the good guys have retired, died off or left the bizz............only a real handfull of the good one's left..............sad............and in ten or so years that will change also..........they are all getting older.......wink!!

some may join the new klub.witha semi and a 39 round drum and a brochure............you can say you heard that here first.............some may beg to differ.let them make that statement.................i have a answer for all of it.......

i am what i am popeye!!!

wink!! have fun with it jim,ya only go around once.ron

If you look at the number of people spending 40-60K for a SUV they don't need, you can bet they will have the $$$ to spend on a Thompson.

The number of rich people in the US are increasing which will make the number of people available to spend a ton of cash on a Thompson increase as the years go on.

[quoteJimFromFL,May 8 2004, 08:52 PM

If you look at the number of people spending 40-60K for a SUV they don't need, you can bet they will have the $$$ to spend on a Thompson.

Just spend a weekend on the Las Vegas Strip if you ever want to be reminded that there are lots of folks with lots of money out there.

Hey! I go to Vegas once a year...........but I'm just a poor white guy trying to buy a Thompson at a decent price, not to make a livin'.

But I did watch a guy drop 50k on a hand of Blackjack at the Nugget last November. That just gives me a pucker factor of about 9+. And he kept on playing for a while after that. It was min. of $500 per hand. He had $500 chips stacked up like I stack up the .50 cent chips! Maybe more.

Oh yeah, I've got a gas guzzeling GMC Yukon 4x4, a Harley Ultra, and machineguns. I hate towelies and I say what I feel. What percent am I?

yep the high rollers are one out of a million.......only 5% of the people on the planet have 95% of the wealth......visit the rest of the planet sometime,not just vegas and big town suv land..............it puts a whole knew look on thing's...............saddam had gold ak's and svd sniper rifle's and palaces.............and the rest............the common street man...a brit enfield............and a unfed dog. and a ten year old car.........wait that sounds like 50% of the u.s. nevermind.wink!!!

yes some will make room for a thompson,but wouldn't it be nice if you could buy one again for less then 3,000.00???

and all the other things in life also..................dream..........RON

p.s. and wait this post was about how many thompsons are left around.not who can or will buy them............we are getting off track again......i gave my answer to that in the first post..........what else you want???

Now Wait a minute Colt21a,

I've got an SUV...

Ummm, well it's an 89 cherokee with 200,000 miles on it... Come to think of it I've got an old nasty black lab and a SMLE MK 1V enfield too! And a Colt wannabe semi 27.

Oh Christ, I'm one of the 50%!!!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

How true it is... My Dentist drives a Ferrari, and has a gun collection like a museum, lot's bought on spec for the future, not sure he even knows how to shoot!!

Oh well, gotta feed the dog before he chews up something.

Cheers, Zamm

QUOTE (Zamm @ May 9 2004, 04:01 PM)
Now Wait a minute Colt21a,
I've got an SUV...
Ummm, well it's an 89 cherokee with 200,000 miles on it... Come to think of it I've got an old nasty black lab and a SMLE MK 1V enfield too! And a Colt wannabe semi 27.
Oh Christ, I'm one of the 50%!!!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif
How true it is... My Dentist drives a Ferrari, and has a gun collection like a museum, lot's bought on spec for the future, not sure he even knows how to shoot!!
Oh well, gotta feed the dog before he chews up something.
Cheers, Zamm

that 's okay zamm the 50% of us are the one's who did and will do the fighting..........

whats the haunting song> grab a gun and ammunition fighting is close at hand???take care,ron