TSMG and other guns used by industry c. 1930s

Don't know how interesting this might be for folks interested in gangsters, outlaws & lawmen of the early 20th Century, but there is a pretty good government publication on hathitrust.org on the munitions, especially gas munitions, used by industry as anti-strike weapons. I found it interesting. What I read was the Report (U.S. Senate), but the Hearings transcripts would be even more enlightening. Fairly good info on TSMGs, Colt ARs (that is, automatic rifles! LOL), Colt "potato diggers" (interestingly some of these were in 7-mm), Lewis guns, etc. While caution has to be taken in relying on the Hearings, they are generally more accurate (or truthful) than in the Committee Report -- which can misinterpret things brought out in the Hearings. Also, the Hearings generally have the Exhibits attached (correspondence, company inventories, etc.). Also interesting are descriptions of some of the strikes. The search on hathitrust should be for Senate Committee Violations of free speech rights of labor. As I mentioned, try to get to the Hearings. There is an internal search engine so you might be able to locate specific topics in each Part. Hope this helps and that this info fits in with this forum. BTW, bunch of stuff on gas munitions.

Posted some serial number info on a few TSMGs ordered by various companies (and Sheriff's departments) in the bad old days. This is on the Thompson Submachine Gun Message forum. Might be of some interest to those interested in what companies, particularly steel companies and coal companies were arming themselves with. Also the s/ns of two '21s in the Henry Ford Museum and info on when they were rendered unserviceable. Are they still in the museum?

Thanks, like to see if any of the stuff can relate to the Texas group, via Lebman. Maybe St Paul too. I'll check it out-

OCM