A BSA and T2 Thompson up for auction.

Fair enough. Had the judge not set such ridiculous parameters on the first auction I would have bid on them then. I guess it could have been worse.... like dealing directly with Mike. I think the judge was sort of punitive in the way he set it up, but having met Mike over the years and reading the amusing transcripts he's lucky the judge didn't take more?

Is that the one where the government required a $50,000 bond to be able to bid? From what I understood, the bond was applied towards the final hammer price and if you didn't win, it was returned. I guess it was designed to keep big money bidders in the game. That weren't me. Edited by Waffen Und Bier

Is that the one where the government required a $50,000 bond to be able to bid? From what I understood, the bond was applied towards the final hammer price and if you didn't win, it was returned. I guess it was designed to keep big money bidders in the game. That weren't me.

That's the one. The dollar amount was high. The payment method was very limited and the time frame to submit it was very short. Essentially you had to be close by and ready with the specific payment in order to qualify to bid. I pondered it, and then thought about when I would get my money back if I didn't win? There was no time frame specified for return of funds...and we all know once gov. gets it, they are not in a big hurry to return it. It was not mail in a check, and if you don't win we mail back the check. I have all the paperwork and the gun list somewhere's round here? Then after all that, and paperwork, you'd have to actually get a hold of the guns and getting stuff from Mike was never an easy task even before all this. Stories abound.

If you wanna see Mike Im sure he will show up at a shoot later this month.I about fell over when I saw a felon at a machine gun shoot handling weapons as well as shooting them.

How did you know he was a felon? Was he still wearing his stripes;) . If they did their time they paid their debt and if they are still a danger they shouldnt be out.

He was pointed out to me with the comment of ever seen a felon shooting machine guns?

Once a prohibited person, always one..so if all his stuff was taken and he cant own guns anymore then he sure as he11 shouldnt/cant be shooting them either.