Wwii Thompson L Drums

I guess I better speak up here with the rest too if anyone ends up with an "extra" one. They were already out of stock (supposedly) when I ordered mine.

Jaron

Just a little note here about fair play on the board, and in life. I know some of you are upset that I was able to get an order thru and you were not. I’m sorry we all didn’t get orders in, but that is not the way it worked out. Now if you want to call up and argue getting in on the order on “your own†merits, fine, I have no problem…. I would do the same. But apparently some here have argued and used my order as and example asking why I got in and they didn’t. I’ve spent some time on the phone and have more or less worked it out, I’m still getting my order but it has been modified. I try to be more than fair to the board as I’ve saved hundreds maybe even thousands of dollars because of everyone’s help here. I don’t mind selling at cost or even giving items free… I also donate to the board at Christmas and on Nick’s birthday as should everyone here… So to those of you who tried, maybe inadvertently, to mess up my order. I would never do it to you and I expect the same respect in return.

I for one am glad that people on the board were able to get in on such a reasonable deal. If anyone ended up up getting more than one, more power to you; I was trying to order 3 myself. I questioned the policy of the Guide since there was no local, county or state law that prohibited them from selling a drum to me. Yes, I felt left out but was happy that people on the board were able to take advantage of the deal. Sure is better than some unscrupulous dealer getting them and gouging us !!

Chuck

QUOTE (hardrede @ Jul 29 2005, 03:58 PM)
In light of recent developments, I would be surprised if ANY drums are shipped. They are from Russia and they need a "retransfer authorization." I am betting it won't be done by Sep 15. And, in light of Customs developments, very likely NONE get in.

Good Luck!!!

Give it a rest Hardrede. You remind me of Aesop's fox.

"Ron it is nice to hear from you that I am correct about this import crap."

i'm sorry is there another ron post that i didn't read? maybe some hints for us not as enlightened.....

everybody wants ta get inta da act! i must be on a different plane myself........ but thanks for at least backing up what i have been posting here.... i knew i was on the right track and having a respected member in my court puts me one step closer to my own attempt at the coveted respected member status.... hope to see you at the top!

ron: Ah cha cha cha, as Jimmy D. used to say. "Inka Dinka Doo" was my fave tune of his. Never got to back him up; played for Bob Hope & Johnny Carson, so I guess that's enuff.

hardrede: Not a bad idea regarding the Ruskies waltzing down into Iraq. It would be great fun to watch on TV. Let 'em uncrate some of those Lend-Lease Thompsons with 'C' drums and go to town(s)...