Hey guys,

How difficult is it to find parts for the MG 08/15? I found a website that seemed to have some original German parts, but I am only just getting to be familiar with this particular weapon. The one I have is registered, but is currently not serviceable and looks to need some parts (like a recoil booster deflector plate).

-David

I'll save you the purchase of one part: the 08/15 does not use what you refer to as the 'deflector" plate. The 08/15 booster is a completely different design than the MG08, which does use the plate.

Check with Matt Hiteshaw, listed on Google, for Maxim parts…...

Edited by Black River Militaria CII

What's up Doc. My advice is to send it the above poster Black River Militaria. He repaired mine years ago and I can put a 250 round belt thru it, easy. They are finicky guns and need to be set up right and adjusted, but once working they are great. Buy good ammo and you will not have any problems. I found 8mm Romanian works good. The Yugo ammo has hard primers and I had to buy another lock and barrel before it would shoot the Yugo ammo. The original lock it came with had a rounded firing pin and loose barrel. Parts are not easy to come by but there are some out there. Bob Naess of Black River Militaria is the expert on these guns, it will take awhile for him to fix but it will work right when he is done. Happy Trails

Hope so, Allegheny Arsenal(mg34.com) sells some parts, also Omega Weapons System. Also Ohio Ordance has barrels and used to have wrenches for the booster. I have not found a single source for all the parts and pieces but I have to do a search over many years to find everything I needed. Still always looking for parts and am now trying different belts to see what works best. Also set a search engine for Gunbroker, parts come up there too. Hope to see you soon.