ANOTHER 21/28 MUTT POSTED FOR SALE $22,000.00

and its a pre sample we can limit the owners on this baby.

WHAT you all say you list all the Thompsons now for $50,000.00 each no matter what model.hurley, Colt, mattel, whatever you have. and watch the new buyers go nuts..it will be a freakin free for all. cashin out 401 k's Ira's, bonds, stocks. the mudder in laws old Gold.and the kids first bronzed baby shoe's to buy them. oh lets not forget boats, and Muscular car's.

and a big mortgage on the second crib they paid off last year.to just get a few of these 50,000.00 babes' because in just a few years they will be a million..

okay dream over 2015/16 the world turns to crap.. Thompsons used by Amerikan Patriots to defend what little we have left of the u.s.a.

Ron{ Doomsayer and starter of Apocalypse 2015 Now!}

Edited by colt21a

A Pre-sample? for $25K?

Wow.

No, no. It's only $21,995. Of course that's because it's missing Colt internals, the up/low SNs don't match and it may have been refinished. Perhaps the 2 and 1 were transposed.

Also, don't forget that gunbroker only charges once for an auction.

that encourages a lot of "fishing expeditions"

why not list the gun for a ridiculous price? might just get a ridiculous buyer.

Edited by buzz

I asked for and received detailed pictures of the gun. it has been refinished. the uppers and lowers do not match. the colt wood has been replaced with military wood. the upper internals are all military. the lower internals are correct. the barrel appears to be a colt barrel and it appears to have an early type one compensator. I think the seller is very reputable but is not an expert on Colt Thompsons and is not aware of the decrease in value that results from the mismatch, the missing parts and wood and the refinish.I think he knows that pre-mays typically go for half the price of a transferable and with all the posts for Colt Thompsons at 40-45k, he just priced it at half of the mid range.

Edited by DLansky

It looked like a nice "shooter," with the plus of a PK work-over, if it's the same one which I presume it is. However, the first thing that struck me, like others apparently, was the extraordinary price given the limited transferability.

"Colt Thompson, 21/28 Pre-May Sales Sample

It was Beautifully Restored by Mr. Paul Krogh of Diamond, believe it has some GI internals parts Upper and lower receivers do not have matching serial numbers"

Surely Reuben Mendiola, "over 29 years in the Class III Business", knows the limited market and value of a Pre-May Sales Sample. To say this Colt TSMG was "restored" when in the same sentence the seller advises that the actuator, buffer/pilot, bolt, Blish, wood, are WWII era parts is absurd. Why the owner commissioned PK to refinish a mismatched Pre-May TSMG when the refinish is glaringly obvious (see usual scratch mark by buttstock screw in front of frame serial number) is a head scratch. Difficult to suggest additional value with a PK massage on what Ron eloquently refers to as a "mutt" as this is not a WH that could only achieve market value with the PK touch.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/Polythemus/IMAG18122_zpsa7d22e61.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/Polythemus/IMAG18162_zps8dd333eb.jpg

A.F. does it again. dead on in the findings.. earth in the past was a less stressful place. And so was Thompson buying and selling.

Now when people ask me about Thompson's I tell them yep Tommy was a good guy. i sold him a bunch of guns' and move on...

it was a great run of forty years, many a traveled mile, and phone bills galore :happy: . and I wish all here future health and wealth.

Ron

I used to have more respect for Reuben,...but this is really an insult to all FFL holders.... :happy:

DLansky offered a good formula above. The question then is what would the gun sell for if it were transferable. To me, the asking price is more in line with a transferable gun. Do the math for a presample

Reuben is a pretty good guy. Although his prices are generally high he doesn't often miss by this much. An oversight, I'm sure. Then again, perhaps it's one of Johnny's guns....

I thought that pre-May's would be priced at what they're worth, not at a price that's ludicrous and fishing. I'd think 14 to15k would be more in line. The buyers are limited, the gun's been refinished, and it isn't matching or all Colt. How is it worth that much more than an average shooter that's a pre-May?

A Pre-May 28 Savage will bring $10-12k. So a "Colt" would definately bring more. Then there's the history factor which could add on dollars if there is good provenence.

I gave $14.5K for my Pre-May Colt several years ago and I still think that was a great deal.

Just my 2 cents

A Pre-May 28 Savage will bring $10-12k. So a "Colt" would definately bring more. Then there's the history factor which could add on dollars if there is good provenence.

I gave $14.5K for my Pre-May Colt several years ago and I still think that was a great deal.

Just my 2 cents

If your Pre-May Colt had mismatched frame and receiver, was indifferently refinished, and had WWII internal and external parts would you consider $14.5K a "great deal even "several years" ago? Why would a dealer expect Pre May and Post May samples to have values based on the current market of NFA items available to individuals when previously their prices reflected the minority of perspective buyers who are not likely to over pay for merchandise whose value will always be a fraction of similar items that are not impacted by draconian restrictions of commerce.

Mine had a Savage lower, military barrel and wood, and had been refinished and PK'd.

But it also had provenence that I liked and is still more desirable than a Savage Pre-May in MY EYES.

I agree $22k seams more than a little overboard, and will likely be a tuff sale.