LTB Richardson 1928 receiver ( s )

I'm not sure if Doug is still with us, I last talked to him about a year ago, though he sounded like he wanted to produce more Receivers, I think those days are behind him. With that being said I'm looking to all of you for one or more of his 1928 receivers.

If you have one or two that you want to sell, or know someone who does please let me know. I will remove this post once i find them.  Still looking for a DR-Receiver, I have one from Bob but still looking for one of Doug's. Thanks

Thanks

Edited by The Back 40
Updated

I'm pretty certain Recon Bob still make 80 percent receivers at Philadelphia Ordnance. This may be your best place to get one. Maybe someone has one, but Bob is superb back up if you do not find a Richardson one.

https://philaord.com/80-machined-receivers/m1921-m1928-m1928a1-m1-m1a1/

Good luck.

Sandman1957

I have one but not looking to sell.....actually I am looking for the dummy actuator knob for the top.

I can buy one from Kahr and fit it but if anyone has a "Doug" knob please let me know.

John

• 1 month later...
My friend just talked to Doug Richardson the other day. He is out of country and probably won't return. He still has all his Thompson parts in storage, but will not be making any more. Doug is a great guy and made some really nice parts.

Ask the US post office. I had one of Doug's last run receivers and shipped it to Bob Bower to add my barrel and forearm bar. They lost it!!!!! It's probably in a warehouse or the trash or used as a door stop because I doubt if any miscreant knows what it is let alone what to do with it.

I shipped several packages about a year ago. Even with tracking number they just disappeared. The woman at the post office said ". What do you want me to do , get in my truck and look for them??"

Never again shipping post office.

Really any service can lose them.

I know NOT to use OnTrack.. They dropped off someone else's package at my house (not even the right address on the box!) and they lost my package. All of this within a week of each other. Crazy! I contacted them to pick up the package (multiple times) and they didn't. They never found my package, but thank goodness the retailer was a big box name and they were willing to send me a replacement. Just don't use them.

Hey guys - I talk to Doug regularly. He has been down

in Belize for going on 2 years now. My last talk with him was 3-4 weeks ago. Without

going into detail I think that he now figures/realizes that he is no longer able to do

any work in the shop and if he is able to return he will not be making any of his

receivers or tools.

Regarding the original topic of his receivers, the last receivers he made - the "Ultimax"

receivers are highly sought after because of the extensive mount of work that was

done to them. Enough said.

Bob