Sbr Form Questions

Ok, filling out the ole SBR form ATF F1 (5320-1) (3-2001) http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/huh.gif

What do I put in Question 4h "ADDITIONAL DESCRIPTION (include alll numbers and other identifying data which will appear on the firearm" ??

Question 4i states "STATE WHY YOU INTEND TO MAKE FIREARM" Uh.. does "To make it look like a M1928A1 Thompson SMG" sound like a smart answer? If not what? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

Questions 4e and 4f wants to know the length of the barrel and overall. Is this the gun before or after the modification?

Do you all recommend seeing the CLEO in person?

Thanks in advance. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Cheers,

Kenneth "Fencer" Cook

4h) Additional Information: List any other markings the gun may have such as the original manufacturer.

4i) State Why You Intend To Make Firearm: put whatever you want..."enhance my personal collection", "all legal purposes", "duplicate the look of a TSMG", "I can't afford a full-auto TSMG", "homeland security", etc... just don't put in "to help Osama bin Laden." They aren't too particular as long as your stated purpose is not illegal.

4e/4f) Barrel/OAL: put in the completed (post-conversion) barrel length and completed OAL.

As to seeing your CLEO in person, if he'll see you, sure. Just remember not to volunteer anything except the bare necessities. Call first, and see if you can't make an appointment though. OTOH, some CLEOs are too busy or won't see the signee and prefer to have the signee leave the paperwork and pick it up at a later date.

Hiya Fencer,

I went through this process and sent out my paperwork at the end of September of last year. I see Bill in VA has given you some great answers that I cannot add anything much to. I would call your local CLEO to make sure they will sign off on the forms, and if they do set up an appointment. I had to set one up for my fingerprints, and to make sure the Sherriff was going to be there to sign off on my forms. I am fortunate to have a Sherriff who is very pro second ammendment and does not have a problem signing off on these forms. I here some others on this board are not so fortunate.

I just hope my tax stamp will get here soon.

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, got the CLEO signoff. Got the fingerprint cards done. Got the ATFE form filled out.

Am I missing anything??

Isn't there something about citizenship?

Make sure everything is in duplicate before you send, and have a lot of patience http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif .

Scott

Don't forget your 2 copies of proof of citizenship, print your name on both of the lines where indicated or you'll have a kick back.

I only filed out the lower line for my name.

Mine was sent back and it only stalled the procedure by about 2 - 3 weeks.

I went in person to my CEO, luckily he is a friend so it went very well. Even when I had to have a second set filed out. (due to different versions of form 1)

We now have a new CEO and I'm not sure how he will handle future transactions.

For the description I just put Thompson Semi-Automatic Carbine.

Reason for manufacture?, I wrote to more closely resemble the original Colt 1927.

Good Luck!

You know, I don't think they (the ATF) sent me a Proof of Citizenship form(s)!!

Peachy... just peachy.

I guess I go looking on their website for the form.

Having to send two copies is news to me. Since they've been required I've only sent one (had no problems.) Moreover, I see no reason why they'd require it in duplicate, unlike a Form 3/Form 4 where they keep one copy and send the other back to the transferee.

You can download and print off your 53330.20 at www.titleii.com The forms are there as .pdf (Adobe) files.

They do everything by serial number it seems. Drop them a line with your name and the identifying info on the gun and the 5330.20, they should match it all up and there will be no lost time. Do it now.