Lebman 1911 Select Fire

From the research that Sandy and I did, they were an evolution in form and function (perhaps revised on the feedback of the users).

Our basic conclusions:

Some were reported to be select fire, others FA only. The grip hanger is a smaller version of a 21/28 hanger affixed to the lower frame. The compensator a simple slotted piece of tubing. I strongly suspect Lebman sourced the extended magazines from Monarch Arms or perhaps a Spanish manufacturer (I'm not sure if Star or Llama had begun to offer these in '33/34). I don't think he went to the trouble to weld together factory 7 rnd. magazines. Fore grips vary in contour, all seemingly starting with a '21 Colt grip, but recontoured and relieved to accommodate the confines of the close mount to the trigger guard.

I've only ever been able to find photos of complete Lebman weapons, and not detail internal or component photos of a verified Lebman piece. Several line-drawings are floating around in magazine articles and in books, but none to my knowledge are verified. I don't know if they are based on speculation, or verified examination. The comp. is easy to scale from the photographs. . . the details of the FA conversion internals I have no verifiable reference.

• 2 weeks later...

If you just take off the tip of the disconnector then the hammer follows the bolt.. and that won't give the primer a good hit..

So the hammer sears up on every cycle then the forward motion of the slide trips a full-auto connector?

You've got a mini-Reising...with a similar rate of fire :D

I think this is pretty close!

Awesome! The historical ones pretty much all had the front spur of the grip levelled off with the dustcover, but otherwise very close! What kind of magazine are you using?

Cheers

HANS