What Sterling do you own?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What Sterling do you own?

• 1. Andrewski
    • 2. Quinnell
    • 3. Erb
    • 4. Sterling (original manufacturer)
    • 5. Other (details)

The sterling is one of my top guns. I think its better than my mp5. I can mag dump in a much smaller group. Ive owned over 20 FA now. Uzi is number 1 and sterling #2. Mp5 is probably 4 or 5. My tube and conversion was under $10,000 from me. Andrewski. Edited by huggytree

The stock for a Sterling requires a mechanical engineering degree and three hands to open/close. I love the gun though. A buddy offered me a pre 1968 original Sterling, but I can't put that much in a gun anymore.

I agree about the stock. I am not an ME, so here is my fix.

fullsizeoutput_4f7.jpeg

The sterling is one of my top guns. I think its better than my mp5. I can mag dump in a much smaller group. Ive owned over 20 FA now. Uzi is number 1 and sterling #2. Mp5 is probably 4 or 5. My tube and conversion was under $10,000 from me. Andrewski.

The sterling is not one of my favorites, but I enjoy it more than an MP5 or an Uzi.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
These firearms are among my personal favorites. Used it extensively with the Canadian Armed Forces during my campaign of terror. Probably among the most dependable firearms Ive used. Loved it so much that I now own three. They are the Sterling Police Carbines and as you can see one has been fitted with a non-restricted barrel.

post-271914-0-15015400-1623079423_thumb.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Mine is a Andrewski on DLO. Have plenty of excellent mags, mag pouches, bayonet and scabbard, spare bolts and recoil assembly.

What I want to know is if there are any magazine loaders for the mags? I have never seen or heard of any.

Owner built (not me) on a DLO tube...I've been thinking about sending it off to Andrewski to be gone through but don't want the crinkle paint job as the parts kit serial # was originally one of the satin finish Sterlings.

John Andrewski will be happy to put the military satin finish (over parkerize) on your Sterling vs the crinkle finish of the commercial / export models. Most folks go for the crinkle finish, but I'm with you and prefer the satin finish of the military models. John has done 2 of my Sterlings this way...and they're beautiful IMO. John is "the man" for Sterling work IMO...you won't be disappointed if you send your gun up to him to go through.