"l" Drum For Sale

well....i guess i'm gonna sell my Bridgeport "L" Drum....asking $1,200..anyone intersted can email me at ibewolfer@aol.com .......serious buyers only please...i will be listing it on subguns.com soon also....i have pics avalible..contact me for info......Thx

Wow. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

I could swear you were advertising the fact that you got this for free - just needed a key!

What kind of real good deal can you make us??? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Does the "U" make it more valuable? I just bought one Saturday at a local gun store for $460. Little surface rust that came off with WD 40 and 0000 steel wool. However, one blade on the rotor is bent slightly out of position, so I'll have to send it off to Merle to get that taken care of.

only $1,200.00 naw..ask $1,500.00 is a lot better,or even $2,000.00 this way only a few can afford it,then when they decide to off it,they will want $2,500.00 to $3,000.00 we must keep 'the legend"alive here............

or just hold on to it after the devine auction and get in on the hype,and ask $5,000.00 at that price you can put wheel's on it and drive it to work...............wink!!!

have fun,take care,ron/colt21a

well...lol....i gave 225 bucks for a complete 9mm grease gun conversion kit and sold it for 2 grand in 3 hours...figured i could get this for free and atleast make a grand off of it..i found one just like it for over 1,400 and wasnt near the condition as mine......i can't help that i have a gun addiction i have to support...lol...as soon as i sell this drum i'm gonna sell most of my thompson collection....i'm rounding up funds for a .50 cal rifle....i also have ALOT of m1 carbine mags and will soon have somemore thompson frames complete...m1 and 28..fbi hardcase "repro" and quite a bit of internals,mags,28 parts kit etc etc....i WILL have my 50 cal soon.....anyone wanna buy me some ammo? lol.....hey mike...be nice...i'll have stuff you'll want to buy soon..lol..wink wink...and to everybody else that gives me a hard time over selling an "L" drum that i got for free there will be a "put up with" mark up fee on anything you buy from me...lol..j/k.....btw...the drum is listed on subguns.com now....several pics on the website

wolfer 50 cal's are fun,good luck with the new toy........

i might need a paperweight frame or something.if you decide to peddle something let me know,cash is always green.

yes even i buy somebody elses junk for my treasure trove..............always willing to help out somebody buy something else...........that makes the world go round..........take care ron/colt 21a

well..i usually don't get any paper weight frames....all will be good complete frames....i will have to see what everything is when it gets heres....i'm not gonna sell my 28 kit until my drum is sold.....i'll be listing most of this stuff on ebay..hehe...i like the prices ebay brings......i think i'm gonna sell my 28 kit with the hardcase etc on ebay...i think it'll go out the roof...we'll have to see

WELL....my drum sold...1,200 bucks...funds pending...sold in 1 day..maybe i should have asked 1,500...lol....also listed my 28 parts kit with hardcase on ebay a few ago.....item number 2226390454....

Unbelievable!!! I wonder if you will actually get the funds. I just bought a New York L drum 1st variation with 1942 Avery pouch for $1250 on Sturmgewher last week. I need a second job to keep up these prices.

Wolfer,

Congrats on the sale!

Glad you could sell it - ebay is a cash cow for selling tsmg parts - for sure! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

i didn't sell my drum on ebay...i sold it on subguns.com .....thats where the high rollers play from my past sells....guy emailed and asked what kinda offer i had on it because i listed it at 1,200 obo...told him i've been offered 1000....he emailed me back..said i'll take it for 1,200 then....said hes sending the payment wednesday....i hated to see it go even at a good price...now my 28 parts kit is on ebay...bid on already at 500 bucks with 6 days to go......i'm not gonna let it go for under a grand.....

hey thanks and good luck bidding....but i do have a choice..i can end the auction and cancel bids...i hate to do it..but i will if i have to..its my stuff and i will get atleast a grand...and i'd hate to see it go for even a grand..i'm looking for 12-1500.....if you break down all the parts and price them each it'll be over a grand...its really a very nice kit..best of everything i could get my hands on..no sloppy worn out out of wack stuff...i've seen everyday worn out 28 kits go for a grand and dang it..i'll get a good price or it won't go anywhere...lol best of luck though....i have people making me offers to end the auction and sell out right...them kinda offers are welcome but i'm gonna watch and see how the auction does before i jump to selling it off of ebay...oh and the case..its very nice also...they do pay alot of attention to their stuff..the repro lyman sight is a very very good piece..i've compared it to the original..only differance i see is it don't have lyman stamped on it...just as good otherwise in my opinion....thanks

Hmm why didn't you put a reserve on it... The way you have it set up now, it should sell to the highest bidder regardless of price... That is a bit deceptive... I've been high bidder on auctions that have been pulled at the last moment, and then relisted... And I have to tell you I was not a happy camper... One person overbid me, shill bid it, then tried to sell it under another name. I turned it into ebaYâ„¢ at 9 PM on a Sunday night and when I went to my computer Monday morning ebaYâ„¢ had suspended both of his/hers acounts. It's like I'm going to sell to the highest bidder, maybe.

Oh and BTW it is illegal to pass on the PayPal fees... If ebaYâ„¢ catches that, they will cancel your auction... Ask me how I know... JFYI

well...it helps cut down on the listing fees....normally i start the bids at what i want for it...but in this case...if i done that it would cost alot to list it and plus it would hurt the "i'm gonna win this dang auction no matter how much it costs me" addiction people have...i've always had better luck getting 3 or 4 people fighting over something.....i can see how it would make someone ill to end an auction they really wanted to win though...but if they really want it...they will pay my price....i'm more than happy to end the auction for an offer that'll make me happy.....but i do see your point

QUOTE oh and the case..its very nice also...they do pay alot of attention to their stuff..the repro lyman sight is a very very good piece..i've compared it to the original..only difference i see is it don't have lyman stamped on it...just as good otherwise in my opinion....thanks

Wolfer,

It seems your powers of observation may be as corrupt as your approach to selling your wares at auction. Since you neglected to put in a reserve price protecting your auction from a too low bid, then if only one person bids an amount lower than you have secreted somewhere in your imagination, they are the proper winners. That is the way the game is played. Your trial balloon approach is not only unethical, but against ebay regs. Thanks for warning the Thompson board community how you operate.

alrighty then..... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif i never knew it was wrong to sell something for what you want for it.....but i learn new stuff everyday..people get upset over a man trying to save a couple bucks for the money hungry ebay/paypal? oh well...i know it'll bring over a grand anyways..i've already been offered that....i still like ya gunner... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif .....even if you don't buy my stuff...i like an honest guy..like to know where i stand with someone...have a great day!

well....i never knew it was against ebay rules to end an auction early? can yopu point me towards this rule? the seller has the right at anytime to end an auction and there are several reasons you can pick from when you do so.....anything from the simple "item is no longer avalible for sale" to who knows what else thay have in their drop down reason to end the auction and cancel all bids....i guess if someone broke in and took it i would have to go out and find another just like it to sell to whoever is bidding...i think not....but i respect this board and everybody on it and it is in the main rules..no bitching..no flaming..etc etc..and i'm gonna follow those rules and be a happy member of this board...but i'm glad you guys voiced your opinions and got that off your chest....i'm also a proud power seller on ebay and pretty much know all their rules and have made many many sales and with only 1 neg feedback out of hundreds and its in the process of being removed aswell... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Wolfer,

The funny thing is you already tipped your hand why you would prematurely end this (or any of your auctions) and your excuse, strangely enough, is in violation of ebay regs. Maybe you should have kept your excuse, that the item in question dissapeared into the fourth dimension, a secret until ebay followed up on you.

ebay rule:

Note: Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be reserve fee circumvention. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated.

well....like i said....i learn something everyday...i'll check into that futher....i'm man enough to say i stand corrected...thank you... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Ending Your Listing Early

Use this form to end your listing early. But remember - lots of bidders wait until the very last minute to bid. You may lose potential buyers by ending your listing early.

If you have bids on this listing, or if the Reserve Price has been met, you must cancel all bids or sell to the high bidder(s). You may choose on the next page. (Note: This does not apply if you are ending a listing in eBay's Real Estate category using the Ad Format, because no bidding occurs in this format).

.........................................................................................................................

""""If you have bids on this listing, or if the Reserve Price has been met, you must cancel all bids or sell to the high bidder(s).""""""""

YOU ARE RIGHT...I STAND CORRECTED.....Thanks for bringing it to my attention http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Ending early is just policy... The "legal" issue is passing on the 3% charge that PayPal charges... It is under the same laws that cover credit cards... although some ignore it..... ebaYâ„¢ was going to cancel 20 of my auctions unless I removed the PayPal surcharge, I argued they won.... Their suggestion was charge high, and discount for cash or check... I just tack on little extra for handling to cover it....