New To The Message Board

Hi Brian,

Welcome to the Thompson Forum. You will find a great group of Thompson aficionados who enjoy talking Thompson. Please feel free to join in any discussion.

TD.

PCA- YOU WILL FIND THAT WE HAVE MANY INTERESTING, AND SOMETIMES HUMOROUS DISCUSSIONS ON THE THOMPSON GUN. AS ONE OF THE LEADING RKI MEMBERS HERE, I JUST WANTED TO TAKE A MOMENT TO WELCOME YOU TO OUR FORUM. TAKE A LOOK AROUND, ASK QUESTIONS IF NEED BE, AND DON'T BE AFRAID TO JUMP IN. AGAIN, WELCOME ABOARD!

QUOTE (pca16 @ Dec 28 2004, 10:32 PM)
HELLO. I HAVE COLLECTED THOMPSONS FOR SOMETIME KNOW, BUT WAS JUST TOLD ABOUT THIS BOARD. I LOOK FORWARD TO TALKING WITH OTHER THOMPSON COLLECTORS. THANKS BRIAN GUSTAFSON IN PA.

Tell us about your Thompsons. We would be delighted to learn more about them and you.

Welcome to the board and don't forget to make a donation to Nick.

John, I have mostly Colt Thompsons. 1 M1A1, 1 WH, and 1 Savage WW II. I have been collecting drums and other accy's. My Colts are probably my favorites. They are very smooth compared to the others. Some are in exc. condition,some have seen use. I have No 201 21A which came from the Baldwin Locomotive works in Philla. PA, thats a neat gun. 4237 which is a 1927A that was owned by a rancher in Arizona. 278 21AC from the Penn. State Police (used well), 8860 28N from Beaver County Sheriff in PA, 4351 21A from Birmingham AL police, 8244 21AC from Edgewater NJ PD(prob. best condition.) 7301 21AC which came from Peter Vonfrantzius(Chicago Gun Dealer) this gun has some interesting history, but has a Savage barrel on it and was parkerized at some point. 1477 21A which was on display at Falcon Field in AZ origionally from Virginia State Police, 9477 28N from Gadsden Al Police, However I am considering parting with a few of them. No. 201 must have spent most of its life in the office as it is in good condition. The 1927 is a nice gun also, I understand that not many are A's. I enjoy talking with other Thompson fans and always learn something. Thanks for asking. Brian

Brian

Welcome aboard.

I am sure many of the board members after reviewing your collection are either floored speechless or seeking medical attention for cardiac arrest or just trying to see how much money they can liquidate quickly to possibly acquire one or your prized TSMG's you mentioned as "considering parting with".

Sincerly hope you enjoy your visits here.

michael

pca16,

WOW! What a collection! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Do you have any links pictures of these guns? I am sure that I am not the only one who would like to see so much Thompson history gathrered into a single collection. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Norm

Welcome to the board Brian.That is quit a collection you have listed. I see your name listed on the Sturm. board for many NFA items for sale and buying. Don't you have Colt #8860 for sale?

Welcome Brian!...9,.10,..11 THOMPSONS!.....That is the true meaning of happiness..... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Welcome aboard pca16! I think you'll find this is a great hangout with lots of good tommy info. And as Merry Ploughboy mentioned, you might surf into the archives. When I first signed on here, I disappeared for weeks in there and came out with a headache because of so much info to digest.

The tommy you referred to as...

"7301 21AC which came from Peter Vonfrantzius(Chicago Gun Dealer) this gun has some interesting history".

Always like guns with history. Can you elaborate?

And again, welcome! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

marks

Brian, welcome to the board, and I note for our cohorts that you have elected to support the board as a new member.

Your collection sounds beautiful, I would love to see photos of it. If you are in Eastern PA and lack the capability to do digital photos, I'd be happy to take a drive and do them for you - it would be a pleasure to handle so many fine pieces of Thompson history.

Hey Brian,

Ditto - WOW what a collection!

Love to see some pics.

Welcome, Zamm

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE WARM GREETINGS. I RESIDE NEAR BRADFORD PA, HOME OF THE ZIPPO LIGHTER AND CASE KNIVES. ANYONE WILLING TO TRAVEL IS MOORE THAN WELOCME TO VISIT. JUST LET ME KNOW AND WE'LL TAKE SOME GUNS OUT AND SHOOT. NOT MANY THOMPSON COLLECTORS/FANS IN THESE PARTS. I SINCERELY AM THANKFUL FOR THE WARM GREETING. I HAVE NOT FOOLED AROUND WITH DIGITAL PICTURES TOO MUCH AND I AM NOT SURE HOW TO PUT THEM ON THIS SITE. I HAVE NOT BEEN TO MR.HILL'S SHOOT IN AUGUST, BUT I HOPE TO BE ABLE TO ATTEND NEXT YEAR. I HAVE BEEN TO THE SAR SHOW 03/04, AND THE KINGMAN AZ SHOOT IN APRIL, AS I HAVE THOMPSON FRIENDS IN PHOENIX, AND IN APRIL THE WEATHER IS NICER THAN HOME. BRIAN.

QUOTE (marks @ Dec 29 2004, 12:28 PM)
Welcome aboard pca16! I think you'll find this is a great hangout with lots of good tommy info. And as Merry Ploughboy mentioned, you might surf into the archives. When I first signed on here, I disappeared for weeks in there and came out with a headache because of so much info to digest.

The tommy you referred to as...

"7301 21AC which came from Peter Vonfrantzius(Chicago Gun Dealer) this gun has some interesting history".

Always like guns with history. Can you elaborate?

And again, welcome! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

marks

MARKS, I WROTE AN ARTICLE ON THIS GUN FOR THE SMALL ARMS REVIEW. IT WAS IN THE NOVEMBER ISSUE. IF YOU WANT A COPY SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS AND I WILL MAIL YOU A COPY. pca16@yahoo.com

BRIAN

QUOTE (full auto 45 @ Dec 29 2004, 07:51 AM)
Welcome to the board Brian.That is quit a collection you have listed. I see your name listed on the Sturm. board for many NFA items for sale and buying. Don't you have Colt #8860 for sale?

I DID LIST 8860 FOR SALE. I DID HAVE A BUYER BUT I HAVE NOT SPOKE WITH HIM.

Brian ,

Welcome to the boards and as others have said you've made alot of us very envious. Since I live in nearby Ohio, like Phil, sounds like a road trip needs to be planned for the summer. What do you think Phil?

If your already a member of TCA maybe we'll see you in Newark. If you are not a member I highly recommend it.......which reminds me I need to renew.

Again, welcome aboard !!

Chuck

Chuck, you better re-up! We need a drinkin' partner. Me and Frank and Phil just can't handle it all on our own! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Welcome Brian , nice collections ,come to the TCA meeting in ohio and meet some new friends

and Mike I'll drink to that !!

See Ya

Tino