Folding Stock Variant Of The Thompson?

Does anyone have a photo or any information of a folding stock variant of the Thompson seems I recall seeing one but I can find no reference or photos of it. Thanks in advance, BTW I am new here and I just ordered a Semiauto Thompson today!

QUOTE (AFSOC @ Apr 3 2005, 07:14 PM)
Does anyone have a photo or any information of a folding stock variant of the Thompson seems I recall seeing one but I can find no reference or photos of it.

There aren't any folding stock variations. I'm told that a movie about a WWII German submarine showed a Thompson with a folding stock, but that was a movie company prop department mock-up. No legitimate folding stock Thompsons existed prior to, or during WWII when the Thompson ceased production.

You might have seen it in the movie "U-571".

leader of the raiding party, David Keith? Reising M-55, folding stock

other members of the raiding party have TSMGs with

Stembridge Gun Rental modified M-1 Carbine folding stocks attached.

If they didn't want a buttstock why not just take the TSMG stock off

and leave it at that! That's Hollyweird for you.

Anything is possible if anyone has a picture of it I would like to see it, It seems that the one I saw was a sort of wire type underfolder of sorts.

Not really sure but I cannot fine the picture anymore of course there is a chance that what I saw was one of the relatively few thompson clones that exist... Who knows? I just figured this was the place to ask! By the way I received my M1 Semi auto last evening and took it out to shoot today, I love it can't wait to try it out on a more free range I think I may use it at the next tactical shoot I attend should be fun! Use a 1911 for a sidearm and wear WW2 vintage "tactical" gear... we will see how it all goes.

Here is the Thompson that Arthur had mentioned

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/helpn/C5270065.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/helpn/C5270066.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/helpn/C5270096.jpg

Evidently this was turned in for destruction in Austrailia during on the firearms turn-in programs...How it got to Austrailia and why it was made is perhaps a mystery...

That is an odd little critter nope it was not like one with the Uzi Stock and Also not like the RPB model either. Which is an Odd little critter to be sure! The stock I remember seeing was an underfolder made from Wire and it fit to the Receiver pretty well. I'll dig through the books again and see if I can locate it. I recall thinking it strange when I first saw it. I still have not seen U-571 to see if that is similar to what I remember.

Thanks to everyone who has helped thus far!

I'm reminded of the line from Faulty Towers where Basil comes to in the hospital room after receiving a blow to the head. He sees the nurse in his room and says ever so matter of factly, "My God, you're ugly." http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

To those disturbed by the images of the M1A1 with Uzi underfolder stock, etc. (can't speak to the RPB gun):

The design is a prototype concept. It is a warrior weapon,not a prop to drape across the lap of a scantily clad model.

And for the purist, the modifications are all "bolt-on" so that the gun can go back to the way it left the Augusta Arsenal in less than 15 minutes at no loss in collector value. No harm, no foul.

Over and out.

MP

Edited by Merry Ploughboy