Complete M2 Parts Set On Ebay

shadycon

Check out ebay auction # 200388688402. All parts minus barrel-reciever and stock. I'm not buying!

shadycon,

For years the parts sellers at local gun shows have been selling various combinations of these M2 parts. They never have all the parts neccessary to complete a T17 kit. Frequently its the M2 hammer that they don't offer for sale and this seems to keep them out of trouble. In the case you found the kit is missing the selector spring and thats what the seller is counting on to keep him legal. Separately these parts are neccessary to keep a legal M2 working.

Jim C

Check out ebay auction # 200388688402. All parts minus barrel-reciever and stock. I'm not buying!

shadycon,

For years the parts sellers at local gun shows have been selling various combinations of these M2 parts. They never have all the parts neccessary to complete a T17 kit. Frequently its the M2 hammer that they don't offer for sale and this seems to keep them out of trouble. In the case you found the kit is missing the selector spring and thats what the seller is counting on to keep him legal. Separately these parts are neccessary to keep a legal M2 working.

Jim C

Thanks jim; I missed the 9 spring.

• 1 year later...

We have covered this many times , but there still seems to be a lot of myth around this. The M1 vs M2 carbine is handled differently than any other weapon. There are seven "deadly sins" you must have to be in need of a tax stamp. They are the selector lever , the 9 spring , the rocker assmly ( pin and lever riveted together ) , the M2 hammer , the disconecter and it's spring and it's plunger. If you have all of these , you need a stamp. The stamp can be for the kit , in which case you can move it from carbine to carbine , but you can't have a full set of spare parts as that would be another kit. You can also have a stamp for a reciever , which means only one is allowed to be full auto , but you can then have a stock of spare parts.

M2 sears , slides , triggerguards , and stocks are needed to fire full auto , but they are not part of the kit and indeed are found quite commonly in semi autos.

A reciever stamped M2 , or one with the one crossed out and a two added , is a full auto and must be registered. If you take a M1 and change the markings , you have just made a full auto in thier eyes. This is because of the " once a MG, always a MG " rule. The presence of the "2" constitutes proof that the reciever was once a full auto. It remains a MG unless destroyed to scrap status .

With the M2 , the ability to actually fire full auto does not apply , due to the ease that it can be made to do so. The kit described above , in a plastic baggie in a sugar bowl , cannot be made to fire one round by itself , but is a full auto never-the-less , due to it's design. It's not " a stupid ruling" , rather it is a ruling that allows the M1 carbine to remain in our possision even though it's so easy to convert.

Now , on a personal note , if you have six of the seven parts in the kit , you are legal. I would not , however , count on a small spring to be the thing keeping me legal. Most people use a large part such as the rocker or hammer. Note , too , that I've been told that they have convicted people who had six parts for sale , then at a later date had the seventh for sale . They went after them on the theory they had all seven at one time , so don't be cute with this.

HTH , Chris

Thks Chris for the explanation Sir ;) .So a fully assembled trigger group for F/A goes the way of a stamp.Why then why do not more shooters build a kit for a cheap F/A?That seems the route I would take.At least the question about the trigger group was anwsered and thank again for that but I was thinking that if all was not in one residence how can there be a crime.I have a 44 Inland that I got an Inland trigger housing and went and got all the parts to make a full Inland trgger group (M1) and was thinking about the IBM group in the gun now?Has anybody gone the way of the trigger group and the stamp on the board?

Why then why do not more shooters build a kit for a cheap F/A?

Only works if you are a manufacturer, you cannot just put together a M2 trigger group and ask to register it as an individual. That ended in 1986.

Why then why do not more shooters build a kit for a cheap F/A?

Only works if you are a manufacturer, you cannot just put together a M2 trigger group and ask to register it as an individual. That ended in 1986.

Now that you mention that RT it seems I heard that before in the sense that one was have to buy an already register TG which then runs in into some bills.