New Repro M1923 Sling Available for Thompson & Other Small Arms

One of these arrived today and it's really nice! Just a couple of very minor niggles: The stitching should be cotton instead of nylon, as was the original. Cotton holds to itself and the sling better than nylon will. The stitching should more closely match the sling for color, and the slide buckle should be of the flat type rather than ridged. These are small observations indeed. The sling is a marvelous effort! I really like that it's shipped assembled. All you have to do is to take a pic of it before mounting it to a rifle, and then just duplicate the lacing in the pic. Nicely done!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just saw this thread and had to order one! Originals are becoming extremely expensive and only when you can find one. You can't imagine how I felt when I saw someone was making an exact reproduction - and AMERICAN MADE TOO!

Having owned a couple original M1923 slings, IMHO this sling is a superior sling than the standard leather 1903 sling. A hasty sling can be made much quicker and easier once you understand how it works. Yes, it does look intimidating at first but once you know how to use it you will never use a 1903 sling again. The M1923 sling was ahead of its time. Rather than having to buckle and unbuckle set points it slides instead. I used my original on the KD courses for the Marines and love it. I stopped a few years ago in fear of destroying my original. This new sling will now takes its place. It may not be a suitable sling for a SMG, but in the prone, kneeling, and sitting position with a 1903, M1, M14 or yes even a M4 and M16A4, it is great!

Edited by halftrack