M2 Jams

Pics of the Jam might help- does the round stop on the feed lips or jammed into the feed ramp ? Does pushing the magazine to one side or t he other help or not ? Knowing f they are originals or repro ( you should read the stickie subject on carbine mags ) will help too. I found that the originals feed much better than any repro, new or used. I got rid of all the "not original" 30 rd mags as they were just not worth the trouble.

How can I fix this? It always jams from the same side in the same manner. Only with 30 round mags. Never with 15 round mags. It's random. But always feeding from the same side. Magazine catch is for 30 round mags with an M on it.

Is the M underlined? If it is not, you don't have the latch to keep the 30 rounder seated properly.

I really like old trooper's advice. I would swap out with a USGI 15 round mag follower per his suggestion and check for friction points around the bend area of your 30 round mag and smooth it out. It most likely are the mags you are using since the 15 rounders work without any malfunctions. A small chance the mag catch is just out of spec regarding the latch and you could purchase another USGI 30 round mag catch, install, and see if that could be the issue. Worse case you have an extra spare part.

• 2 months later...