1927 M1 Trigger Group

Does anyone know the correct order of assembly of the trigger group from left to right on the receiver ? I put it together this way (Don't ask why it's apart that's a whole other story) Forward Hole 1) trip lever 2)trigger

Rear Hole 1)pawl with spring 2)sear block with spring 3) disconnector.

The trigger and safety work right but if I turn the receiver upside down the disconnector will fall back out of the receiver where I feel it should latch to something. Every picture I have seen seems to show that order. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

M1Brian

I've got the army video on the thompson and if memory serves, it showed complete dissasembly and reassembly. I'll try to look at it in the next day or so, if nobody else has put down the information you are looking for, I'll do it. Its kind of a fun video to watch, several things make you cringe like taking the bolt of the 28 and using it to pry loose other parts of the gun!!!

Dan

Dan, he’s talking about a semi auto gun. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Brian, you have it right. The front end of the disconnector is not attached to anything and will pivot around the pivot plate pin and “fall” out (even though it is securely on the pin). This is normal.

OOPS, didnt read the title good enough. Happens when my 2 year old is helping me type. One thing I'll add is that it helps me to reasemble these parts by sticking two small wooden dowel rods (or a pencil if nothing else is handy) through the frame to line up the parts on, then push the pivot plate in and let it push out the dowels.

Dan