Merry Christmas to All

Many years ago as a kid in the early 1970's on a Christmas morning I a woke to find my first Thompson under the tree,...purchased for $99.00 and made of Zinc and Wood ordered from the back pages of a Firearm Publication. The Thompson came from Replica Models of Alexandria Va.

My Father knew my fascination with Firearms since a Christmas before he got me a Crossman 760 BB air Rifle,...(and no I didn't shoot my eye out) and he ordered the Thompson for me.

I still have my first Thompson from that Christmas from about 45+ yrs ago, plus I have acquired a few as an Adult the shoot for real.

At close to 60 yrs old it bring fond memories like the Ghost of Christmases Past.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good Night

Many years ago as a kid in the early 1970's on a Christmas morning I a woke to find my first Thompson under the tree,...purchased for $99.00 and made of Zinc and Wood ordered from the back pages of a Firearm Publication. The Thompson came from Replica Models of Alexandria Va.

My Father knew my fascination with Firearms since a Christmas before he got me a Crossman 760 BB air Rifle,...(and no I didn't shoot my eye out) and he ordered the Thompson for me.

I still have my first Thompson from that Christmas from about 45+ yrs ago, plus I have acquired a few as an Adult the shoot for real.

At close to 60 yrs old it bring fond memories like the Ghost of Christmases Past.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good Night

No tommy Gun under my tree, but my wife did give me two old Thompson ads from 'Arms and the Man' magazine published in 1921, framed for me, using the same frame I have a copy of the Providence Journal from 1922 put into. I needed to frame that as its edges were crumbling away, but it makes a nice display piece with my deactivated former IRA Model of 1921.

Under the tree, I also found a British Magazines Box, with some nice XX mags, and my first drum pouch, which she had put to one side for me.

P1120866.JPG

594 Display.JPG

Amongst some Thompson related paperwork I received, I also found this sales flyer from Gale & Polden:

P1120868.JPG

P1120867.JPG

I hope you all received some nice surprises on Christmas morning too!

Edited by rpbcps

Here you go, eventually found time to add the two framed adverts from the 1921 editions of "Arms and the Man" and the XVIII shot cartridge magazine to the display.

Display Dec 2018.jpg

Colt era mags.JPG

2018 has been a good year for my collection, thank you all those on the board that have helped me add to it.

Stay safe

Richard

• Upvote 1

Very nice, what number is your violin case?

Thanks, the case is No.119, Gordon told me it was one of the last ones he had, when I bought it.

No.119 Gordon Herigstad Case.JPG

Edited by rpbcps

I have #56. Does anyone remember how many Gordon had made, just curious.

MH