Thinking About Selling A 1927a5

I am contemplating selling my 1927A5 pistol. What do you all think would be a good price to ask for? I have 3 of deerslayers grips (rear, vertical, and horizontal) to go with it and a 1928 safety installed. It only comes with 1 30 round mag. What do you think this setup is worth? I have seen a couple of them advertised on gunsamerica for $1500. Is that too high of an asking price? Thanks.

Tom Dugan

I'd seen the "TWO HOLE THING" on an older auto ordnance 1927 and wondered why, know I guess I know. Could that hole be cut on a newer one, and thus you could pull out the actuator knob that little bit to hold open the bolt? Would the knob ever ride up in firing and stop the action when you don't want it to?

Dan

I only see one hole in the top of the receiver. As far as condition goes, I would rate it 95% and thats being pretty conservative. The fit and finish are pretty nice too. I was going to have PK do a bolt hold open modification on it but after paying for my wedding I am now pretty short on funds, one of the reasons I have to sell the gun. I have some 1928 parts that go with the gun too. I have the 1928 pivot plate, a 1928 safety (installed in gun) and the full auto selector which I was going to use for the bolt hold open after modification. I will probably sell these parts with the gun, or just try to sell them separate if anyone here is interested. Oh, and I also have an original savage marked horizontal grip that I got all of the gunk off of and sanded down ready for refinish. So, with all of that said.... what do you think is a good value for the gun? Thanks.