1928AC Sold on Gunbroker for 17K

I think were just in a down market too

Im buying and enjoying bargains in a down market getting prices from 4-5 years ago

If you look at price graphs you see its not a straight line. Its lots of blah even with occasional surges

Plenty of young people want FA. They are just broke. In 20 years the millennials will have money to buy our collections. They are 10 years behind where they should be in life. But by age 40 they will finally have money

When Im at my local gun shop there are plenty of buyers in their 30s lining up. Lots of women too

Every video game is a shooter

Plenty of veterans who want FA

Plenty of future wars coming to get more veterans

Only thing missing is $$$

hopefully a law change lol

There is plenty of interest in fa with the younger crowd but as mentioned in the other posts its the money that keeps them on the sidelines. The era of 50 or 100 gun fa collections moving forward is gone. Most of the smart phone generation kids will be happy to own a few fa maybe Macs and AR types with possibly one or two vintage collectibles. Just my 2cents.

There is plenty of interest in fa with the younger crowd but as mentioned in the other posts its the money that keeps them on the sidelines. The era of 50 or 100 gun fa collections moving forward is gone. Most of the smart phone generation kids will be happy to own a few fa maybe Macs and AR types with possibly one or two vintage collectibles. Just my 2cents.

My 7 year old grandson is obsessed with WW2 and reads numerous illustrated books on the subject that are geared toward younger kids. He just got done with a book on Midway and previously read about the battle of the bulge. I was blown away when he saw my "collection" for the first time and said, wow a MP40 and Thompson!

He is certainly an outlier, but there is hope that the next generations will continue on....assuming NFA does not change regarding private ownership restrictions.

We dont need millions of people into full auto for the future of the hobby. We only need 10,000 or so

How many FA owners do you think there are nation wide right now? I think the number is pretty low. I guess at 10,000 or less. Most owners own more than one. Some own over 100+

My 7 year old grandson is obsessed with WW2 and reads numerous illustrated books on the subject that are geared toward younger kids. He just got done with a book on Midway and previously read about the battle of the bulge. I was blown away when he saw my "collection" for the first time and said, wow a MP40 and Thompson!

He is certainly an outlier, but there is hope that the next generations will continue on....assuming NFA does not change regarding private ownership restrictions.

That was me when i was his age.Tell your grandson there is a new midway movie coming out this year. Woody Harrelson plays Chester Nimitz. My girlfriend drives some 7yr old kids too and from school every day and one boy is fascinated with WW2 guns even though his parents are not gun enthusiasts.

I think were just in a down market too

Im buying and enjoying bargains in a down market getting prices from 4-5 years ago

If you look at price graphs you see its not a straight line. Its lots of blah even with occasional surges

Plenty of young people want FA. They are just broke. In 20 years the millennials will have money to buy our collections. They are 10 years behind where they should be in life. But by age 40 they will finally have money

When Im at my local gun shop there are plenty of buyers in their 30s lining up. Lots of women too

Every video game is a shooter

Plenty of veterans who want FA

Plenty of future wars coming to get more veterans

Only thing missing is $$$

hopefully a law change lol

That change could go either way. After NFA34, we were "allowed" to own FA but with certain restrictions. Then in 1986, a prohibition was enacted. Laws, by their nature, always restrict. Given the current (and predictable future) political climate, who would lead the charge to repeal anything? Attempts to make suppressors more readily available failed in both the legislature and the courts (SCOTUS). The predictable face-clutching with "Only snipers and mafia hit men use silencers!" will doom such endeavors. Which body politic is willing to wear a hat declaring "Make Full-auto Great Again"?

MFAGA? Doubt that it would be interpreted correctly by the masses.

It was meant as a rhetorical question, not a sartorial suggestion. Although I hadn't considered the resulting acronym. My co-workers & I were recently introduced to a process for assessing the legitimacy of a website. We are instructed to consider its Currency, Reliability, Authority, and Purpose. Thus we have the CRAP test. Nope, ain't makin' this up....

All of us our outliers here. Many deplorable too

In 1980 how many of us were there compared to today?

Collections used to be hundreds each. Now they are 1-20 for new collectors

I dont think the ranks are Shrinking. Wait times just hit 12 months. I just bought a form 4 gun. My wait is 15-17 months. When millennials get $$ they will buy

Boomers arent retiring cause they didnt save for retirement. The high paying jobs will take longer to filter down than usual.

The hobby wont die until a mass shooting with a nfa FA. Then it will. Only a matter of time

Dont jinx it Huggy. I believe those that go down this road respect the time, money, and commitment to this hobby, not to mention the inherent reality of just being a good, law abiding citizen.

If the shootings continue in frequency though at some point something will give.

All of us our outliers here. Many deplorable too

In 1980 how many of us were there compared to today?

Collections used to be hundreds each. Now they are 1-20 for new collectors

I dont think the ranks are Shrinking. Wait times just hit 12 months. I just bought a form 4 gun. My wait is 15-17 months. When millennials get $$ they will buy

Boomers arent retiring cause they didnt save for retirement. The high paying jobs will take longer to filter down than usual.

The hobby wont die until a mass shooting with a nfa FA. Then it will. Only a matter of time

In 1980 I think there were less MG collectors than there are today. There was near zero demand.

There were never a LOT of collections over 100, Most of the old guys I bought guns from 20 years ago had 1-5 guns. Some were form 1 guns they made in the 80's. Even then HK sears were near worthless since no one wanted to pay the tax, they didn't actually exist until 1986. There were literally tens of thousands of guns added to the registry in 85 and 86 when there was a blip in demand due to the ban. Most of those still took a long time to sell......few collectors, low demand until things started churning in the 90's. As the economy goes, so do all collectible prices including stocks, real estate, etc. All are subject to outside influences at times.

Millennials are actually doing quite well in general. Unfortunately a lot of them learned poor financial habits from their boomer parents who are financially illiterate and that is now been passed down generationally. Many of them make plenty of money, but when you rent everything including a car 3 tiers above your income level, dine out daily, and spend $4 on $.60 coffee, and order overpriced items on amazon, it's tough to get ahead. Once they tire of debt and foolish lifestyle choices they will start investing in tangible assets. i.e. taking on "responsibility". The craziest thing about living in the US is that a lot of homeless people have significantly higher net worth's than many Mercedes owners driving past them. You don't see that in other countries?

There won't be any mass shootings with registered MG's, just as there are none with $10K Winchester rifles, the process and finances actuarially weeds out those that are unstable in multiple ways, There will be literally tons of dead end suppressor trusts, and those will mostly end up in the trash.

Vegas shooter was a millionaire

Only takes a kid to get his dads machine gun or nutty millionaire

Rich people can be nutty too. The Vegas shooter is the only rich mass shooter I know of. He could have had belt feds in his room. Killed 1000 with 308 beltfed.

Which means there must have been a reason he didnt pursue a class 3 weapon, either he couldnt or he wanted to stay hidden. There could always be an outlier but those of us in this hobby dont mind being front and center with the government.

Anyway, just some thoughts but hope this hobby continues to draw good people into it.

Vegas shooter was a millionaire

Only takes a kid to get his dads machine gun or nutty millionaire

Rich people can be nutty too. The Vegas shooter is the only rich mass shooter I know of. He could have had belt feds in his room. Killed 1000 with 308 beltfed.

Actually he was broke, in way over his head like many people in vegas and other "hot" areas of the country. He didn't own MG's because he was weeded out probably by lack of patience among other things. While there certainly are crazy wealthy people they have people that keep them in check or are excused for criminal behavior.

Criminals use handguns and so do kids for obvious reasons. 99.99% of the population could never get a 1919a4 to fire one round in less than 30 minutes, and the odds of running a full belt without a misfire are slim, even for experienced owners.

Man this post has gone off the rails.now Vegas shooters people in the basement and who bought what in the 80's heck go back to the late 50's mid 60's and 70's why not?Collecting did not start in may 1986 only.some of the larger collections built up in the 60's and 70's..And i never met a older collector who only had 5 full auto's they dug out dozens and bought on the cheap.

I remember buying five Colts at a time for $25 grand. And they would say we bought ten for $15 grand got ya beat.And everyone of them when priced doubled they sold them off.Buying 20 wes hurleys at a time for $20 grand

i thought i was big time. today buying 20 you would be big time because you would be shelling out 400 grand.

And those that have that kind of cash are not buying class 3. get a grip on that one already.Because we are in to it we care. 98% of the rest of the planet does not.And in many third world crap holes. it is just a tool to fight on with in whatever banana War they have going on.{A well used worn out term for decades now}

So as i have always said enjoy what you have everyday and have fun with it. because the bottom line you care. Don't try to influence the rest. And any kids today the mind with them changes hourly they want to be a cop or astronut, And five minutes later a drag queen,It is all in cycles.WW1 WW2 KOREA and The Nams has passed. not much out of the mideast conflicts.

they might want a M16a4 or M-4 and that SAW gun. Good luck with affording that on PTSD disability, Or two kids with wife,And a hundred other issues going on.

A few here will get the puzzling point.others will say huh? And lead on with their f'ed up outlook on class three which many do not care about. 10,000 owners in sea of hundreds of million,

Will have my Lunch tables set up this year again at SAR show, the 20 th year.

won't have any Nam vet hat or t-shirt on or maga t shirts.or the Together we served patches{Breakfast At Dennys} medals on.

Still have the fire.....ha ha just the flame is not as Hot!

And you get bag of chips when you come to the table. And all the Sordid class three tales to go with it.

Ron

p.s. now this post is off the rails fur sure.

Man this post has gone off the rails.

. . .

Will have my Lunch tables set up this year again at SAR show, the 20 th year.

won't have any Nam vet hat or t-shirt on or maga t shirts.or the Together we served patches{Breakfast At Dennys} medals on.

Still have the fire.....ha ha just the flame is not as Hot!

And you get bag of chips when you come to the table. And all the Sordid class three tales to go with it.

Ron

p.s. now this post is off the rails fur sure.

This post alone makes me want to attend SAR!

Not sure why Ron you will avoid the vet/maga shirt/hats though

I am a vet and i know that 1968/74 Marines the years of High Adventure

And nobody on the planet cares about that and at shows even more so.

And i see some with all the regalia and not sure if they did coast guard and Seals and paratroopers at the same time.

However is somebody wants to go all out MAGA thats cool. I wore a Marine cover maybe ten years ago. with a gold eagle globe anchor and one year.A chromed one.some asked you bald, Because i wore a hat.nope just grey.I have seen and done a lot of chit in my life. Some would not even understand or even believe.

We all have or maybe most have. I never did a Vet survey.so sure some of my posts can be off the rails, but always with Humor and sometimes bitter truth.

I plan on being there again this year.And having fun. If some can't take the stories. Or a joke or sordid Thompson tale.keep walking.

Life is way too short now to not have fun.Hope you attend.I miss the old days with those that are gone.I appreciated the honesty and humor from them and the tales.They never ever bored me It was a Learning

Thing.

Also if that guy attends who for three days put his over stamp for sale on my table.And i sold that drum you had for $500 bucks for you.

I never got that bag of Jays chips.Wink!

Ron