New Bren Book Czech Made Guns

• 2 weeks later...

Book has arrived. Completely in Czech language. Total cost to me was only $66 Australian dollars which is pretty good as the Air Mail postage was more that the price of the book.

There are 270 pages of text and 181 pages of photographs. Most of these photos have never been published before.

The various models of BRNO machine guns are covered including the ZB vz.26 and its derivatives through to the ZB vz 37. At the end of this section is a listing of orders placed with the factory from early 1927 to July 1941. This shows the model, quantity supplied and the date. This is quite detailed information and must have come from the factory ledgers. If so one wonders if the individual serial numbers of the guns for each order still exist. As the preamble to this section is in Czech and therefore incomprehensible to me, I am not sure about this.

As I said a lot of the machine guns that the factory made are covered including 7.92mm, 15mm and 20mm.

It's a very useful book to have barring the language problem and if you are into the MG's made by BRNO it will be a must have book.

Regards

AlanD

Sydney

I'll never quite understand why guys write books in obscure languages unless they have no desire to sell them? Maybe he'll have it translated to Mandarin to boost sales? I think it's easier locally for me to find a Navajo translator than Czech? It's like Heidler's grease gun book in German? Another book I won't buy? One day when technology actually catches up with their promises I'll be able to plop the book on a scanner and read the translation, course that's going on 15 years now when I heard that was coming and I'd ride my Segway (cause we all would have one by now) over to the scanner, but none of this ever materialized? Rant over!