Imports Of Parts Kit's Banned

I believe MG parts could be brought in on a form 6, including barrels but it is a wee bit of a time comsuming endeavor. THere were other rules related to lend lease gun pars that were a lot more restrictive. Have not heard of any changes recently though. It is all a pity.

QUOTE (hardrede @ Jul 2 2005, 07:10 PM)
Yah wanna know why????  Because a certain Canadian company was exporting US made barrels into the U.S.  These barrels were US PROPERTY and had come out of Serbia. (nee Yugoslavia)  They were "Lend-Lease" barrels that did not have a "retransfer" and were from a prohibited country!!!

ATF to Open New Office in Toronto
WASHINGTON – Director Carl J. Truscott of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives announced today that ATF will increase the assistance and information and intelligence sharing it offers Canadian law enforcement by opening a new office in Toronto. Read entire text.

Oh, and before you go and accuse me of being the cause of this and sending me a hate-email, get a friggin life and figure out that ATF is not stupid and did this because of the HUGE problem that this has become!!

Which company was that?

i think all this will do is increase price's again.."barrelled kit greed!" and any of the thompson kit's. ak and fal kit's and whatever else they are selling....

i have my own plan to beat it all..have two safe queen gun's.new in wrap... for a rainy day or "war of the world's.."after they break down, pick up somebody else's...i can guarantee e-nuff will be laying around...

and another extra gun to shoot and have fun with..most don't really wear out..my last current bulgarian ak-74 had 5,000 rds through it.{ still looked new cond.} and not many people shooting over 5,000 rd's per year anyhow..

have maybe a spare small part you might need for whatever you shoot,>that may break?and of course some spare mag's...belt or drum...

MOST OF US ALREADY HAVE ALL THAT ALREADY ANYHOW!

so when the price increase happen's on whatever kit's...tell them keep-um!!

i can guarantee once they pile up in the warehouse..and are not selling.and ins. exp. storage,and security..they will go back to the old price....

however of course we have the "IDIOT FACTOR"must have*it now...who will pay whatever it cost, even tho they don't really need it now, but worried about price's changing on whatever is on the market.... the bear-it {wink} 50cal scare.the usas -12, the mac-10 increase, and now no more barrel's..WOW!!

in my past 35 year's i don't know of anyone who shot out a brand new thompson barrel...some who blew up a old barrel on a ww2 gun.and a few colt 1921's.. that had bulge's.

and i remember somebody from i.m.a. telling me no more belt's or thompson pouches...all of a sudden a hidden cache....and another 5,000 came about... i remember the 20rd mag's..only 1,000, now it became 10,000 to sell....

ak builder's are worried about the ak's to build...by current permt's another 30,000 kits are in country now..

so maybe a new-bee five year's from now should worry.{if law's in force that we can still own all of it!!}

remember the 5.7 ammo scare..??? well just heard a few rep's have 100,000 rounds of it coming in..

so a few month's ago nothing..now you can buy it...

* have my 2,000 rounds ordered now* a lifetime supply

i really would worry about the law's of self preservation and ownership now....and some extra day's to enjoy it...

life's way too short to have some more scare tactic's to buy something...

buy what ya need when you want...and if you can't get it move on to something else..hope everybody had a good fourth..now have to run to check the latest increase in price!! wink!!

take care,ron