Jump to content


Strange AR Magazine Identification

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dalbert


    Website Owner

  • Admin
  • 4956 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:56 PM

What is this strange AR type magazine?  My brother Andy has them in his collection, and is thinking they're for some kind of simulator, or prop gun.  Does anyone know for sure what they are?


Attached File  IMG_6516.jpg   75.99K   119 downloads


David Albert


  • 0

#2 Ivan



  • Regular Group
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:19 PM

For use with short, crimped blanks.

  • 0

#3 Riddbits


    New Member

  • Regular Group
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 12:46 AM

There are no feed lips on the magazines, so they aren't for dispensing cartridges. The one with the roller looks like it could be a single shot conversion. The other has what looks like a bolt catch and a lifter for the bolt catch in the weapon. These could be training mags for bolt stopages or failures to feed. What are the markings on the floor plate?

  • 0

#4 emmagee1917


    Long Time RKI Member

  • Board Benefactor
  • 2090 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yuma , Arizona
  • Interests:All USGI WW2 firearms and acc.

Posted 05 January 2021 - 12:04 PM

There are some airsoft mags that have a storage reservoir for vast quantiles of pellets  and a wheel to move them into a smaller compartment for feeding into the firearm . Usually the wheel is on the bottom next to the large door to pour in the pellets . The top has a feeding bump for one pellet at a time . Could you be looking at this up-side-down ?


  • 0