STEN mk2(S) silencer unit

Ive picked up a Mk2(S) suppressor of what I think is the standard Army pattern. The nice thing is its marked with the C arrow Canadian property mark, the bad thing is it has been neutered. I have a feeling the breech end has been machined off so it will fit a standard STEN. Can anyone show me a photo or diagram of the component parts. PLs bible doesnt really show it very well but I think the barrel is clamped between the barrel nut and the forward barrel support which mine wouldnt. Ill take a photo of the breech end as I cant really describe it.

This is the muzzle end.

normal_7823FBE4-B43F-4DFC-A16B-6077AB057

Thanks for that, I have that image but yours is much clearer and I can now read the descriptions clearly, previously I was guessing some words.

What Im after is break down of the parts as I think the breech end on mine has been machined off as per photo and red lines on drawing.

normal_6881CA4C-1328-441A-9C60-236F966E0

normal_6881CA4C-1328-441A-9C60-236F966E0

The suppressor looks fine to me. Looks like you're missing the barrel only, which would be a separate part from the suppressor. The position of your photo doesn't show if there is a set screw present or if it has been drilled and tapped for one?

It would be nice if you could post some more photos of the complete unit, since we don't see many originals around here.

Ive a feeling the barrel should be retained within the suppressor as per the drawing in my above post. Ive read a few articles stating that the barrel was to be cleaned using a modified .38 revolver cleaning rod to prevent the rod pushing the cleaning patch into the suppressor baffles. This wouldnt be the case if the barrel was freely removable but it would apply if the barrel was clamped between the barrel nut and front barrel support.

The unit did have a 2BA screw but that has also been milled away. I have stripped the unit down with the aid of a little heat as I was beginning to wonder if the threaded portion of a standard barrel nut had been attached to the tube. It wasnt standard and has the threads to screw in to the suppressor body and is longer than the standard nut. I will post some photos of the separate parts. Unfortunately theres no barrel, no baffles, no forward barrel support etc. It is just a tube with a cap at one end and a barrel nut at the other.

• 4 weeks later...