Thompson Magazine Loader by RAE Industries

When I call them, how many people may be interested in a Sten or MP40 magazine loader? I would like to know so I could tell them there is a market.

I would buy 2 MP40 loaders.

Eric

There is an advantage to using your thumbs... I have seen a mag loader crush feed lips when used quickly and not carefully.

I may in the minority in this thread but I simply use my thumb to load my magazines. :D

Same here, I have been loading TSMG Mags by hand for 45+ years

The little known secret to a long and happy life...………..

Embrace change!

Eric

I swapped some emails with customer service and asked them about MP40 and Sten loaders. They said to send pictures of the magazine feed lips and some exterior dimensions and they could make them. May be worth a try.

Better yet. Loan them a mag. They will design a loader and return the mag to you. I lent them one of my 30 round Thompson mags so they could design the 740-X mag loader for the Thompson. If you watch the video they mention that the Thompson mag was on loan. Its hard for them to get hi cap mags in CO. They returned my mag unharmed.

Makes perfect sense, especially for the STEN mag. I just don't want to send one of my MP40 mags anywhere. They are getting expensive. I will give them a call. Do we have any Colorado member who may be nearby?

I sent them a Thompson mag to do the design and they returned it with my loader, no problem. I don't think you need to worry about it not being returned. As far as the market for Sten and MP40 mag speed loaders go, it hard to tell, but spreading the word on this form can't hurt. RAE seems very interested in serving what appears to be an under served area of mag loaders for less than main stream firearms. Contact Mariane in customer service @ 307-257-5777

I've been loading mags with my thumbs for 40 years too. At this point having sore dirty thumbs is getting old. I was slow to try these new fangled loaders. Now that I have tried a few designs. I like them and prefer to use them if possible.

I can find the 740 on the web site but not the 741... I called , I e mailed , i sent a text,.

they dont respond. Not a good way to keep customers

No call back and i left messages

Sorry to hear you are having trouble contacting them. I personally found them quite responsive to my calls and emails. When you go to their web site you will see an AR-15 speed loader and the next picture is a young lady firing a pistol from a barricade position, scroll down from either screen and you will find the 741 for the Thompson SMG listed as a top seller. Hope this helps. You can also contact Mariane in customer service at 307-257-5777, she is great.

The days I was calling and getting nowhere was because they were closed for a week!!

They returned called me and processed my order.

Just waiting on them to arrive.

Edited by Haris357

I can find the 740 on the web site but not the 741... I called , I e mailed , i sent a text,.

they dont respond. Not a good way to keep customers

No call back and i left messages

Sorry to hear you are having trouble contacting them. I personally found them quite responsive to my calls and emails. When you go to their web site you will see an AR-15 speed loader and the next picture is a young lady firing a pistol from a barricade position, scroll down from either screen and you will find the 741 for the Thompson SMG listed as a top seller. Hope this helps. You can also contact Mariane in customer service at 307-257-5777, she is great.

The days I was calling and getting nowhere was because they were closed for a week!!

They returned called me and processed my order.

Just waiting on them to arrive.

Makes perfect sense. I believe that are a small company. Everyone deserves a little time off. The advantage of being small appears to be that they can be very responsive to customer needs by making available in weeks what larger companies would take months or years to provide i.e. mag loaders for enthusiasts like us.

They shipped it the day they came back- and they called me twice.

I called once and hung up since I found the answer to my question.

From caller ID the president called me back

Yes, they go above and beyond

• 4 months later...

I just found these online this morning.

Suggested to my wife it would make a great Christmas present.

Wife agrees.

Ordered one 15 minutes ago.

Already got a tracking number!

That's service!

I tried to order two of their loader and submitted the order . the page then said the order was being processed. As of today it still says the order is being processed. There was no place to cancel the order. I tried to do a new order and got a notice that said I could only place one order. As it stands right now, I don't know if I will get the loaders or not.

I ordered two of their loaders. after I submitted the order the page said the order is being processed ( OK ). Two days later it is still being processed. There is no place to cancel the order. I tried to order again then got a message saying I could only submit one order. They said on the order blank that there was 936 in stock. Still nothing so I do not know if I will get them or not.

Sorry for posting this twice.

Edited by wv1928

As I already bought 2 very nice wood loader from Jon I have zero need for a plastic one but I understand if other do.

The plastic one is probably more compact, I.e. shorter if it does 10 at a time vs 20+ with Jons wood masterpieces.

Shocking no one has produced one of the patented 521’s. Is it like a Sten loader but larger

?

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered two of their loaders. after I submitted the order the page said the order is being processed ( OK ). Two days later it is still being processed. There is no place to cancel the order. I tried to order again then got a message saying I could only submit one order. They said on the order blank that there was 936 in stock. Still nothing so I do not know if I will get them or not.

Sorry for posting this twice.

Contact Mariane in customer service @ 307-257-5777

As I already bought 2 very nice wood loader from Jon I have zero need for a plastic one but I understand if other do.

The plastic one is probably more compact, I.e. shorter if it does 10 at a time vs 20+ with Jons wood masterpieces.

Shocking no one has produced one of the patented 521’s. Is it like a Sten loader but larger

?

I have one of Jon's as well and they are masterpieces of workmanship I use Jon's at home to load some mags before heading to the range but I do not like taking it with me. I don't want to get it beat up, it's too nice. The RAE is perfect for the range & fits easily in the range bag. There is a place for both.