Another W H Listed

WTS: A O 1928 Package 16K pics

One transferable Auto Ordnance Corp. US Model 1928
Early 3 Digit serial number gun with all Savage internals
This gun is exactly as it left the factory, new and unfired in Pristine condition.
Comes with KaseKraft repo case, cleaning rod, brush, mag loader,4 WPS 20 rnd mags and AO 50 rnd drum.
$16,000.00 on form 4 in Md.
Terms: Certified funds up fron to start paperwork
Buyer is responsible for all transfer fees and shipping.

I don't feel so bad about asking 13K for mine http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

He should not do this for several reasons.

#1: I don't believe anything he says about condition when he is trying to be deceptive in listing the gun.

#2: He will never sell it for that price anyway

#3: Buyer still has to pay the shipping.

(I guess I just think thats shitty to make the buyer pay all the shipping on a overpriced gun anyway.

JMHO

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

While it would be considerate if the seller added WH, in this case the pics attached to the ad, very clearly show it's a WH gun. I've looked at a couple of 28's lately and when contacting the sellers, as to Bridgeport or WH, replies came back promptly. Whether they're just not thinking or trying to create interest, all the sellers have correctly stated the origin when asked. I don't feel any of them have tried to "deceive" although I am out about 45 seconds of email time. I guess it's a matter of perspective.

I agree with jerrys. No doubt it was a Westie and lots of pics. Always enjoy looking at pics of TSMG's even if they are Westies. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif Well worth the few seconds of time it took to view.

Philasteen - I don't disagree with you. Six years ago, I didn't know the difference b/t a HK push pin registered receiver and a sear gun, a Group Industries vs original BAR, bolt vs receiver UZI, C&R MP40 vs tube MP40, etc., nor a AO vs a WH. I can remember asking questions like "if they're both MP5's, why is one more than the other". However, I talked with a very good and reputable C3 dealer, posted questions on the various boards and bought books to research. In other words I took the time to learn. Now I own about 20 C3 guns and I know what I own, having made informed choices. Whether you're going to buy C3 guns, gems, coins, stocks, antique Persian rugs, classic cars or whatever, unless you can afford to make significant monetary mistakes, you need to take the time to learn. In my opinion, that's just basic 101.

Not looking to start to flame, just my buying for pleasure and investing for income/appreciation philosophy. I buy my guns for pleasure. The two C3 guns I've sold over the past six years I don't miss because I made money on and upgraded in both cases. Some I may sell in the future to upgrade. Most will go to my son (who loves to shoot) when I pass on.

Just my thoughts

Let me amend my statement to say that I think that it is deceptive, but only in a "bait and switch" kinda way. By not saying that the gun is a WH in the banner of the ad it generates more views and I think that is all that is being done here..you have to look at the ad to determine what it is.

Just like the "Transferable Thompson for $9995.00" got double the views of any other ad there.