1926 Collier's Article And Editorial

You could almost change the dates and references to Thompson machinegun and swap in AWB and you have our most recent anti-gun activity.

I posted to my website under the literature section this article and editorial.

I hope you enjoy not sure how much more I can afford to have scans made of large sized documents like this, since they do not fit on my personal scanner.

Colt Tommygunner Cyber Museum website - Literature section

WONDERFUL bit of memorabilia, Sig! Thanks a lot for taking the trouble to scan this and put it up.

Absolutely amazing that Thompson would have been so naive as to reveal to a national readership the existence of "secret" serial numbers. Didn't he figure out that when you reveal a secret it's no longer a secret? Reminds me of that hilarious "Failure to grasp the concept" literary competition a few years ago. Wonder how long it took the bad guys to find the location of the "secret" number after this disclosure - 10 minutes? 15?

Hawkeye - They probably DID need acid to bring up the numbers on the Valentines Day guns. That was a couple of years AFTER Thompson let the cat out of the bag.

Edited by Bob B

Heh heh, wouldn't be the first time the obvious or simple solution was ignored in favor of something a lot more complicated or speculative! "But I saw who did it." "Don't bother me now, can't you see I'm trying to analyze this cigarette butt for teeth impressions?" http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif