SAR West Show is ON

Looking on other boards and see the names of dealers & people who have decided not to attend the 2020 SAR west show.

I guess the question becomes WHO IS attending!

The COVID curve in Colorado is one step away from "stay at home" now.

We have to travel thru NM and they not receptive to out of state visitors at this time.

Richard

I travel thru NM quite a bit no problem..just wear a mask!!

It was GREAT WEATHER here yesterday. and can just imagine in that wearing a mask for 8 hours at a show. outside. being a vendor and a buyer walking around. Most can wear a mask for 20 minute shopping trips or short drives or whatever. Wear one for 8 hours wheeling and dealing or jumping around table tents outside. and it will become tiring soon. I have talked to a number of vendors already who are not going to show and skipping this year. And many a buyer says why bother no building have to search for somebody that might not be there. in state i can see out of state guys.travel expense, hotel. food, gas or airline i understand that,

Like Knob creek what no shooting this year. wear a mask outside. and stay ten feet back from anybody and sanitize those guns down. That guy just left the port o john. I have been hard core show vendor and buyer for 50 years, and this year 2020....it won't be a Normandy.....more like Waterloo. thanks health dept.and Covid Chaos.RON K.

post-504-0-32362000-1605459037_thumb.jpg

Ron-I can only imagine the complete cluster F@@K KCR will be in April if this continues. I wonder how many will want to shoot like they normally would given costs and such. I have a feeling the SubGun Match will take one hell of a hit as well as vendors in the show. Stay 6 or 10 foot apart at the KCR show? Yeah right you are lucky to have 6-10 inches apart at times. Hell be further ahead to limit the amount of people allowed to walk around in the barn and even then Im sure the health department would have a fit

Ron-I can only imagine the complete cluster F@@K KCR will be in April if this continues. I wonder how many will want to shoot like they normally would given costs and such. I have a feeling the SubGun Match will take one hell of a hit as well as vendors in the show. Stay 6 or 10 foot apart at the KCR show? Yeah right you are lucky to have 6-10 inches apart at times. Hell be further ahead to limit the amount of people allowed to walk around in the barn and even then Im sure the health department would have a fit

There's a health dept. in Bullit county? Is that where Gobel's used to be?

With two vaccines available now, I can't see the hysteria lasting... shall we say. past inauguration day. Tens of thousands have already been vaccinated and by April it should be widely available for those willing. It's been a while since things are shoulder to shoulder at the creek, plus you can step out into the sunshine and quickly disinfect. The test will be the SOS in Feb. If that's on, creek is a go for sure.

Most shooters at the creek have fat stacks of ammo!

Vaccines are thought to be good for 6-12 months. Look for this to come back year after year and kill tens of thousands yearly. Masks? Fouchi is now saying masks forever

Sar is changed forever

Edited by huggytree

But now scientists believe our T-Cells store the information regarding how to fight the virus if you are again exposed to it, or something that is very similar to it. Although you may not have active antibodies in your system, the body will call up "the reserves" to fight it if the virus has not mutated to the point the T-Cells don't recognize the foreign invader.

TODAY i might attend on Saturday I gave up tables for this year, and talked to vendors who gave up as many as 100 tables. so there should be room in the parking lot for show.

I wish Dan and Debbie the best. Hoping it all returns in 2021 to normal as the Greatest show on Earth.

maybe they will have a booby prize for best mask.And next year can burn it in a 55 gallon drum...RON K.

post-504-0-79202700-1605824677_thumb.jpg

Here in Ohio our Gov. is threatening to shut down the state again. I was planning to shoot a GSSF Match tomororw but that was canceled last minute. Im fully expecting Ohio Gun Collectors Assn to be shut down for next weekend.

Colorado is about one step away from a shutdown.

They actually just inserted another colour/level here to allow ratcheting up on restrictions, but the curve is still rising.

It is not looking good for travel and the Holidays.

Richard

Local show in town on sat and sun. arrow down aisle restrictions. 6 foot table distance temp check and masks inside and out. and one page guidelines they say feel sick don't attend its like they tell you don't show up.and maybe forms for waiver.second show around here in ten months.Its like hey if you are 60 or above use gun broker. Only know 2 people who are going to set up ammo only tables no guns. And a few who said shove it will wait till next year. And a few guys i talked to said why bother all precautions to maybe get sick now. They have really f'ed up the market on shows. Scare them to not attend. What a promo idea. and when you get temp at door if a 100 goodbye sonny. And they said will enforce mask over mouth and nose also.

YES i understand their building and show and rules.wow Dec 2019 the good old days now!

RON K.

post-504-0-18975200-1605901350_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, unfortunately APEX won't be attending the SAR show this year.
I can't attend (have to be at work) and now the key people are not available.
We really can't afford to have anyone out right now, especially for 2 weeks!
So, I hope the people that go have a good show.

Richard

Northridge and another well known out fit is not showing told that this morning. And a big mag guy won't be. the four cancelled out till next year. Should be interesting show to say the least for this year. Also told a few major out of state shows are now cancelled forever starting in 2021....I will let that get out by normal channels, sadly might be end of times from what it was. And sooner all we wanted to do is have fun and get along. And i have the other Big C to worry about. since 2017.... so missing a show that will be not like the Old days ...no loss. RON K.

Edited by colt21a

So stick a Fork in SAR till next year.And hope for the great Old days.

when people bail out from looking after 2 3 hours or say not making it back on Sunday.

I am sure most will say the best show ever They were probably selling weed in the parking lot. And masks masks Don't touch that carbine its Covid original ha ha..have to have some humor about it all. And now they can make plans for 2021 to really have a show.I have pics. Dan and Debbie had to work what Arizona dished out. they get four stars for effort. RON K.

Colt21a-with what you are saying about big shows being done due to covid and politics (the last part is my own feelings) some friends and I are wonder what Knob Creek will look like......or if itll happen at all again. Wish Ammo prices as they are, with no relief in sight for 12-18 months at the earliest, whats the future of machine gun fun shoots? I can tell you my shooting has been cut back and it sucks.

Got Uzi yes you are 100% correct and thanks Some are already popping corn.

I was hoping to have a great SAR show and 3 tables of fun like last year a 20 year table show vendor. And see some good Thompsons and talk over war tales. if Landies or Reed or brown showed up. Have not seen Dater around in awhile or Tommy Nelson hope he's okay, he was not there last year at all. anyways hope for the creek in 2021 will get back to normal.I miss blasting the m240 Mag 58 with Kent and Neals Mini gun.

back to the Whitecastles and coffee and coffee. and coffeeRON K.

Edited by colt21a