Xx And Xxx Mags

International Military Antiques (IMA) has XX mags and an original 5 cell pouch with belt for $159.00. The mags and pouch I received are in excellent condition. I think Northridge still has XXX mags (they are expensive; but the mags I received were in excellent condition). Good luck http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

If you are interested in a 5-cell pouch with the mags, the IMA deal is really hard to beat. The pouch and mags without the belt is $139. You can talk to them to see if they are selling the mags separately.

Another good source of XX mags is Ohio Ordnance Works. Their price is $30 each, but for 3 or more the price drops to $25.

Check the archive for posts on the XXX mags. There is a guy in Las Vegas that sells on Gunbroker that had some nice ones awhile back. His contact information is in the prior thread.

Good luck.

I have purchased 13 XX mags from The Sportsman's Guide recently, in 2 separate orders. I am extremely pleased from a collector perspective with the mags I received. With my membership that I already have with the company, and a $10 coupon, my delivered cost was about $15 each, which is very hard to beat. They may not be what you are looking for, though, if you want mags in excellent condition for shooting. They will work, but the Guide's mags are well used British WWII surplus. Some have the holes soldered from being used in Africa, which I think is a cool historical feature. When you first look at them, you will probably be disappointed. They are packaged in individual plastic bags that appear full of rust, but the substance is really just cosmoline with lots of dirt sticking to it. They take some cleaning up, and again, they are well used military surplus.

In the first batch, I received a very rare prototype patent date magazine, as pictured on page 38 and 39 of Doug Richardson's stick mag book. There was also a thread on this mag a while back by Murray Willis, which I have included a link to below. I contacted Murray about the mags I have, and he stated that there are about 10 of them documented that he knows of now. (I now have 2 of these rare prototype mags. I bought the other one from someone who very likely got it from the Sportman's Guide as well.)

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invb...&t=3141&hl=msco

I also received an A-O XX mag in the first Sportsman's Guide batch that has the "USCO" internal marking.

I had such good luck on the first batch of 7 I bought, that I decided to push my luck, and ordered another 6.

In the second batch, I received an "Aug 20/24" patent date magazine. I also received a mag made by United Specialties, with the "U" stamped on the back. I had been looking for one of these for my collection. I also received another good example of a soldered mag for British desert use.

So, The Sportsman's Guide has done very well by me. I am careful what I purchase from them, as there is a lot of junk, in my opinion, but their XX mags have provided some great material for the collection.

Hopefully this helps. I also ordered one of the mag pouches, belt, and 5 XX mags from IMA recently. The order will probably arrive this week. From what I have heard, these will be very nice mags, and may be more of what you are looking for.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Whatacountry has the best price I found on 30s and IMA has the deal on the 20s I just got my order from them today and promptly ordered another set! My Seymore mags from Whatacountry are in equally good condition IMA also has 30s available at a premium cost, my WAC mags were in excellent condition bathed in Cosmoline for about 10 dollars each....

QUOTE (AFSOC @ May 23 2005, 07:48 PM)
Whatacountry has the best price I found on 30s and IMA has the deal on the 20s I just got my order from them today and promptly ordered another set! My Seymore mags from Whatacountry are in equally good condition IMA also has 30s available at a premium cost, my WAC mags were in excellent condition bathed in Cosmoline for about 10 dollars each....

I've also bought WAC's XXX mags and they were in good-excellent condition and all worked flawlessly. Thinking of ordering more.

I tried too purchase (2) and got one (order girls error) and went threw four magazines and returns including a lost return and finaly got one that feed and has at most 30% finish. I have delt with Sportsmans Guide for other stuff but by gosh their XX thompson mags are dogs and telling their retuns department to check the feed lips BEFORE they send you a replacement by phone and in writing with your retun and quoting their own catalog "garanteed to fit and function" is a headache I don't recomend.

BB

The XX mags I received from Sportsman's Guide were well worn and non-functional. They went back. I just recieved a set with belt and pouch from IMA and they are in mostly excellant condition. One did have a small dent on the back but that should not effect function.