Ww2 Trivia

QUOTE (Hurridale @ Aug 26 2004, 11:21 PM)
Walter,

Bush attacked IRAQ for something SAUDIS committed while living in AFGHANISTAN, then said that SADDAM had NOTHING to do with 9/11.  You're right -- we know how Bush responds to terrorist attacks on this country!

When you heard the news on 9/11, did it take YOU seven minutes to GET OFF YOUR ASS to respond?  C'mon, WAKE UP!!

BTW, they BOTH have the EXACT SAME POSITION on the AWB:  Bush has said over and over he will sign a renewal into law.  Make no mistake, Brother:  whoever wins this election, the AWB will be back.

Buy 'em now!

As for what Kerry would have done, the irrefutible fact is Kerry went to 'Nam, Clinton and Bush didn't.  At least Clinton didn't go AWOL!

Hurridale, I fear for American gun-owners, the Second Amendment and America, if there are a lot of other pro-Second Amendment people out there who can see no difference between President George W. Bush and Senator Kerry (Kerry's staged shotgun photo-op notwithstanding)! Kerry has voted to ban guns and enact other restrictions on the Second Amendment at every possible turn, right along with Diane Feinstein, Ted Kennedy, Barbara Boxer, Hilary Clinton, and Chuck Schumer. I believe that your perception of George W. Bush has been influenced by one response from the President, during an interview. We all know that Presidents have been known to mis-speak during interviews. Also, the gist of his response was that, "...sure, I will sign an assault weapons ban, if it makes it to my desk (knowing full well that was extremely unlikely before November...after that he can and will veto such nonsense with impunity...no possibility of a third term)." If anyone truly cares about the Second Amendment...your freedom to protect yourself and your family from tyrannical governments...the choice is clear this Fall, President Bush. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

As for going AWOL, that is mere speculation, slander, libel and typical political smoke. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif

Right after 911, president Bush said he would track down all such terrorists, smoking them out and killing them (no matter where they lived, or were hidden)! I think he has been doing a bang-up job, so far! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Now really, what purpose could jumping up and scurrying out of that Kindergarten class 5-7 minutes earlier have served...except to frighten and upset those five year-olds? I think he handled the situation with grace and maturity. I am sure that the military had (as it does now) rules of engagement for such situations (defending the nation against unprovoked attack), which do not require the Head of State of the most powerful nation on earth to go running out of rooms willy-nilly, at the first sign of national trouble!!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif Regards, Walter

Hurridale, I must ask you point blank, do you realy think that the president, George Bush is as bad as the press wants you to believe? do you think that since senator Kerry served in Vietnam, that he would make a good president? The pure fact is when I hear firearms owners (especially class 3 owners) calling a pro-gun president a liar (attacking Iraq) and a deserter (AWOL) and stumping for an senator that despises you and others for owning firearms (check this senators voting record on firearms, and then see if you still like him..) I wonder if we as Americans will own our firearms much longer. If you think for a second that the President George Bush will sign the AWB You are mistaken...He will not sign it for it is simply a pollitical diversion, no more no less..If no action is taken in the house or the senate it sunsets -automatically- President George Bush can only ask his party to push for this nasty bit of legislation to acted apon for it to see the light of day..And he has not done this.Why? political pressure? who knows? maybe he isn't as bad as the press makes him out to be...If senator Kerry makes it into the White House, Clinton will look like the best president that the gun owners have ever had....I think that you must have seen a certain crudely made toughly debunked movie lately..Don't let Mike Moore brain wash you...

Hawksnest, thanks for the answers. It was enlightening.

Hurridale, There is a growing list of things I am in disagreement with GW, but they are miniscule compared with commierad Kerry. He stated he and a couple of his cronies were imobile for around 45 minutes when 9/11 happened. That is a bit more than seven minutes. It was good to show the children he was reading to that the President was calm and not prone to panic durring this horrific incident. Children can see alot more than we give them credit for.

The 9-11 commission said that Sadam had nothing to do with 9-11. They did say he was involved with the terrorist and their training. Besides, Bill Clinton was ready to invade Iraq in 1998 using the SAME reasons. He was offered BinLaddin three times by the Sudanese govt., but declined. I guess he was too busy with his intern to care.

As far as Kerry's service in Vietnam, when you run a campaign on that and have over 200 former vets that contradict it, it asks alot about his truthfulness. Besides, He still refuses to release his service and medical records. That makes me want to know what is he hiding? At least GW released all his service records. I am extreemly thankfull to all those who served, but not to those who served, came home on false pretenses, and then bash his fellow servicemen with an imposter sitting next to them in front of a very biased senate commitie.

We have in this election the choice of the lesser of two evils. It comes down to who would lead this country and who want to destroy it.

Scott

did kerry lie about his record in vietnam? - probably, but he WAS there

I for one think they are both lying, kerry about vietnam, and bush about iraq,

do i like kerry - not at all

do i like bush - not at all

and for all the vets that disagree with kerry about what happend there are those that do agree with him, hell im 18 and i barley remember 2-3 years ago that good so to remember 35 years ago things people often get confused and say different things

could we please get back to ww2 trivia though?

Edited by DDAYJune6

Look guys, this is totaly off topic already..What does ww2 trivia have to do with Thompsons anyways? Politics, like it or not, does! IF you don't help to re-elect George Bush in November..Start scrappin (or burying) your firearms now... And don't even bother visiting this site anymore, as it is clear that you have been brain washed enough by the media to like Kerry (or?) over Bush...Get your facts not fiction! Gee, Kerry was in Vietnam He must be a good leader! Bush wasn't so he is just a liar..Hmm.....How about we get back to Thompsons...

EXACTLY!!!!!!!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif