Thompson Pictures

ok i will

i got shot up by a real german full auto sturmgewehr but it did not kill me (it was firing blanks) I must have taken out at least 20 jerrys with my m1 carbine i got caught in a pocket out numbered at the battle of the bulge had a fun time got to see alot of real machine guns in action and alot of cool wwii artillary,jeeps,trucks,motorcycles-sidecars.

Come to Carrolton Ga for the Crossing of the Rhine and you could play with a lot of cool tanks and halftracks. 3rd Armored is hosting 24 Feb thru 26 Feb. $25 entry fee payable at the "door." http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Use the Photobucket link that Nick has posted in the pinned topics above. It took a non computer savy guy like me a few minutes to sort through but I finnaly got it and it works great. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Sargent,

Here are the camera-phone pictures you sent me...

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/dalbert/Thompson_Pictures/Sargent/photo_131.jpg

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/dalbert/Thompson_Pictures/Sargent/photo_132.jpg

You can add in descriptions for the pictures as a reply message...

Here's the other one you just sent me:

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/dalbert/Thompson_Pictures/Sargent/photo_137.jpg

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

thanks sturmgewehr, sorry they are dark i dug out my stuff again and sent you a couple more last night just wondering if you got them?

I made this 1927a1 for reenacting wwii it fires blanks.

optional for not having a SBR eliminating the look of the not allowed 16"ugly stick.

it is an old savage barrel that i think was in a dewat at one time 1/4 of the chamber threads have been removed it is split open on the fist 5 cooling rings you cant see it when its assembled the rifleings have been removed i cut it in two just behind the cutts and drove a 1/4" steel pipe rod

down the old barrel stopping in the middle of the cooling rings welded it up to a total length of 16" then added 2.5" length piece to the old barrel welded that piece at both end which means the inside rod is welded twice then i welded the cutts threaded end of the old savage to it.

and cleaned it up in the lath.

I took it to couple of gun makers and the state police firing range and had 4 ILLINOIS STATE TROOPERS that i know look at it. sometimes atf people are there but none were that day they all said the barrel is just a junked out welded up demilled barrel incapable of shooting a projectile and that i could have it shorter because it is so screwed up that it can never be made to work again and that i would not have to have it registered as a SBR one officers is in charge of all the weapons ,repairs,amunition.

i told them what my intentions were and that i was going out of state to a wwii reenactment they said i would be ok its a just shoots blanks i would like some feed back please and, thank you again

right now its legal length installed with bolt forward sticking a rod down it it measures 16.25"

Sargent,

Those are the only 3 pictures I have received so far. You are apparently sending them from your phone, and they have all arrived in my e-mail date stamped to the previous day, so maybe there is a delay in the system...

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Sargent,

Here is a post on the topic of using a demilled barrel on a rifle reciever. Like I mentioned earlier...I was told by our local ATF branch that you could not demill a barrel. I don't pretend to understand the reasoning here...I just think that when it comes to the unknown or a "gray" area an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I wish I could be of more help...just passing it along. Here is the post:

Click Here

Best,

Damon

well as of right now my barrel is legal 16"

thanks for that info, Damon

read jim bardwells laws and opinions page letter#40 and you will see that all i have done is made a legal barrel extention set up out of a crappy old barrel at least it has the correct finns and with a 2" longer stock the remaining nipple or call it a steel rod in front of the compensator is not as ugly as some other blank firing adapters like a military one for a carbine. my carbines barrel is tapped with a plug some garand guys use a long version thats maybe 1/2 shorter than mine they also have a nice looking short version for the garand

any way a 16" 27a1 barrel with cutts on has a total

length of about 18.25" from chamber end to tip of compensator.

my barrel is 14.5" from chamber end to tip of compensator

add another 1.5" for the nipple in front

i could loose the nipple if i silver soldered my 22. cal conversion barrel insert into the chamber it sticks out about the same length but at the other end and the 22.cal bolt is shorter making the barrel sit deeper into the gun

i tried out my 22.cal conversion once in my 16" barrel using 22. long blanks with crimped ends and it cycled fine they were loud for a 22 and had a good flash