Colt 9969

I saw this ad on Sturmgewehr late last night. He didn't have the price posted or his state so I knew Buddy would zap the ad as soon as he saw it. I e-mailed and asked for price & pics. 30K for the package last night, today on Subguns 40K today. WOW, talk about inflation!!!

http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.c...query=retrieval

lancer i coined the term>"Thompson Greed"it's not anything to do with market....just plain freakin greed.if it went up $10,000.00 in a day..heck folk's ask $50,000.00 maybe $75,000.00.................housing and car's don't go that high that fast.....at least not now..and when gas hit's $4.00 a gal.watch some hummer's come up for sale. not all of them but some....and alot of other thing's...

i'm really glad i'm at the stage i'm in..not buying a frickin thing...i will leave that up to all the big boy's...i owned them when they was really fun to buy and get now....and you could buy six for $40,000.00 not just one.ponder about that for awhile..

but remember it's not greed.....just the great market we have...i hope all class three hit's $100,000.00 each, then maybe it will slow up right??

oh darn ! silly me everybody make's a few mill.a year here right??wink!

enjoy it have fun..take care,ron

Somebody probably offered his original asking price of 30K, (he said this came with a Colt C Drum) so to many it seemed like a bargain. Then someone else probably stabbed the original offerer in the back by telling him that HE would offer more. Then the seller probably thought for a moment, hey if these guys are gonna fight over it, why not ask the moon and see if someone jumps! Thompson greed by both seller and Johnny come latelys. There seems to be no honor among theives. "Where have you gone "21Ron" Dimaggio a Thommy gunner turns his lonely eyes to you, woo woo woo." http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/buttkick.gif

Mike Hammer

and the gun is in a semi case,replica with wes-hurlee drum..oh the horror..i nobody want's to hear it.however in my day.nobody ever bought a thompson from me and got ripped and lived to tell about it! wink... whazz-a matter mike don't like me no more??don't think i was ever a thief.. however i did like ali-baba and his forty....well thats a tail for another tale... wink! take care,ron

p.s also a story about this on another site.interesting readin for sure...but forbid no t.g. just healthy profit............gimme a freakin break.............

R: Oh respected one, on the contrary, not a slam on you rather a tribute to dealers of olde like yourself who would never renig on a price. Merely longing for days long past when a seller was an honest man and when the first buyer to offer the asking price was actually sold the gun! The fella can take his Colt and shove it where the sun don't shine! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/nutkick.gif

Mike Hammer

Friend of mine offered the guy the 30K. Even though the "C" is a WH. Hell it won't work anyway. The guy sent him all the info. Then next day emailed back and said it was now 40k. What a slug.

Here's what I know:

- The gun is almost certainly refinished

- The C drum is a WH

- The L is a NY drum that's banged up

- The case is not an original

Frankly, this is a naked example of Thompson Greed on all persons involved, buyers and seller. The seller is greedy for crawfishing and what's pissed off the buyers is that they didn't get this gun for the $30K. I want no part of this nonsense.

I don't think the market is to the point where a Colt re-blue will command 30K.

WH C drum pricing is currently in limbo pending the verdict on Kahr C drums. If the Kahr C drums work right out of the box for $599, WH C drums are going to be much cheaper.