What is this old black repro gun

I have this old repro black powder kit gun that has been hanging on my wall forever. I think it is an old kit gun and I would like to track down a lock for it as the lock is broken. Any guesses on it or where to find a lock? It has sentimental value to me so I understand it is probably not the finest firearm!

post-260628-0-75205300-1618590621_thumb.jpg

post-260628-0-49064700-1618590640_thumb.jpg

post-260628-0-23124500-1618590659_thumb.jpg

post-260628-0-47013200-1618590678_thumb.jpg

post-260628-0-92483000-1618590694_thumb.jpg

I'm sure that you could probably find repair parts for repro Kentucky long rifles and similar models from "Dixie Gun Works". I've gotten black powder gun parts from them since the 70s. "Track of the Wolf" is perhaps even a better place to look first. You need to identify the gun and the exact pieces that are broken, you don't want to buy more parts than you need, they can be pricey. The Italian maker of the gun is that circle symbol with the letters inside, I do not recognize it, you may have to show it on a black powder gun forum for someone to help identify it.

Edited by Mike Hammer

The logo looks like a PB inside of an oval, but my research doesn't reveal a logo just like it. The AA inside of the block near the firing proofs is an Italian manufacturing year code mark, 1975.

The proof marks are from the Gardone proof house. Like you I could not find a listing for that manufacturer's mark. The reasons I suggested Beretta is that the initials fit them but none of the other Gardone manufacturers that I could find. They have used a large variety of marks over the last few decades and may well have used one that is not documented for reproduction flintlock arms from a half-century ago. It's probably a fool's errand to ask them but it might be a place to start.

There was a hook type clasp that was on a small pin. That entire hook broke. When it happened I thought I would just find another so dropped it in the trash..... yep I have not done that for a long time! I have tried to find this lock for a bit and think it will return to the wall!

The part you are referring to is the "stirrup"

It is pinned to the "tumbler" and connects it to the slotted mainspring

its a rather general part really, super easy to fabricate or fit a blank

here one example:

Stirrup link & pin, wax cast steel, fits right & left hand, tempered - Track of the Wolf

whats a bit confusing is while I can see the slot in the end of the lower mainspring leg I cant see any slot on the tumbler or even a pin/hole

that dont mean much though as lock internals are rather generic

tell you what, remove the two screws securing the Bridle, that brass plate. Remove it and take two more pix.

one as you already have and another from 12:00 above

I can walk you through the repair, its pretty easy