Looking For Feedback On Richardson's Barrels

How are these compared to the repro barrels?

The repros have a tendency to be problematic and would like to know if Richardson's barrels have any problems/issues. Also, any idea on the expected barrel life (number of rounds)?

Jim, If I was looking for a barrel I would go with the deal IMA has. You get an orginal WWII barrel, the one I got was unfired and the ones I saw at Knob Creek were also unfired. In addition you get the forth type Cutts compensator and pin, milled grip mount and excellent condition horizontal foregrip and screw with milled sling swivel all for 300.00 All parts had excellent blue finish. Not a bad deal for everything you get IMHO.

To my knowledge, Richardson uses GI m1 barrels as stock and lathe turns the fins. He also threads for the comp if desired. The expected barrel life would be that of any GI barrel- quite good. It is worth noting that most of the war time production finned 28 barrels had the fins milled and this results in an off center condition and variation of the wall thickness formed by the bottom of the grooves which is, in effect, the actually barrel. By turning the fins into an M1 barrel, this condition is greatly improved.

The barrels offered by IMA at this time are as good a vintage barrel as you will find today, original flaws & all.

Aftermarket a barrels will be of whatever quality the maker puts into them- if you know the source, you should be able to get a barrel of far superior quality than any early barrel, or not.

Jim,

I have one of Doug's barrels and have had no problems. Its has '21 style fins, the finish is flawless. PK is correct, he uses a NOS M1A1 barrel as a blank and turns the fins to the '21 or '28 style. Get one if he still has any left, you won't be disappointed.

I've got one of his 28A barels and the exterior finish is smother than my M1 barrels; and it has savage prof marks in it to the same depth. I've never been disapointed with ANYTHING I bought from Mr. Richardson.

BB