ATTN: Any friend of Merle Bitikofer need Help!

I live about 30 minutes from him.

If someone sets it up, I would be willing to go help find drums/parts and ship them.

I wont go drop in like a repro man but would offer an hour or two to help get stuff boxed and shipped if he was expecting me.

Deavis,

Thank you so much for offering up your time and effort sir! I think that is a great idea. The way you stated to approach Merle to me is perfect.

I don't know how to get the ball rolling. I have made many calls to Merle and not sure of his exact condition. I am willing to pay you for any expense, gas, lunch, dinner, etc. for that help! You can PM me for any details about my drum, my phone # or anything related.

So far its just Stampcollector and mrktbeat with MIA items?

Ill PM you my direct contact info.

Whoever feels like they are closest (and willing) with Merle to pave the way, and introduce me, and the idea, should reach out to him first and make sure this will be acceptable and I will be received.

The late morning of 5/31 and anytime on 6/7 work well for me at this point.

Deavis,

Jimmie Traynor is away from his computer , but I give him a call and informed him of your offer.

He is looking forward to talking to you later today.

If you would PM him with your phone number it would save time.

Thanks for your very generous offer.

Jim C

• 2 weeks later...

It took some doing but mission accomplished.

Ill be shipping Mktbeat and Stampcollectors drums within the hour.

I spent a few hours with Merle today which was very interesting on multiple levels.

I will start a new thread about my time with him, but must sadly say, he is no longer able to conduct (or complete) the business he once did.

As an aside, I did locate drums in boxes shipped possibly for service from:

Contour Forming, Newark, OH

Block, Northwood, IA

Jeff Nickman, Eagle Mountain, UT

These items will never be serviced.

If you know them, and they contact me, it is possible that I may POSSIBLY be able to assist in their return.

• Upvote 2

Deavis,

Even tho the drums were not mine, I want to thank you for the great service you provided for my friend Jimmie T.

You did a great deed for fellow Thompson collectors.

You are a great American.

As far as the other drums are concerned,--perhaps Tracie Hill and Dan Block might know these people.

Never heard of Jeff Nickman.

Thanks again,

Jim C

It took some doing but mission accomplished.

Ill be shipping Mktbeat and Stampcollectors drums within the hour.

I spent a few hours with Merle today which was very interesting on multiple levels.

I will start a new thread about my time with him, but must sadly say, he is no longer able to conduct (or complete) the business he once did.

As an aside, I did locate drums in boxes shipped possibly for service from:

Contour Forming, Newark, OH

Block, Northwood, IA

Jeff Nickman, Eagle Mountain, UT

These items will never be serviced.

If you know them, and they contact me, it is possible that I may POSSIBLY be able to assist in their return.

To further add to JimC reply.

Board members Taliaferro and Deerslayer should be your first two individuals regarding the drums for the Contour Forming and Dan Block.

Deavis , You are the Best! I really appreciate your help in taking time out of your day to help a fellow Thompson Forum member in this matter! I enjoyed our conversation on the phone. Looking forward to meeting you to thank you in person in the future! Jimmy

• 3 weeks later...

hello board members, I want to start by saying "Deavis" thanks again for your efforts in helping Merle get some items shipped back out to the owners! There is no way Deavis knew what the drum that was in the box with my name and address on it was not my Drum. I got the Drum (C-Drum) and it is a different Serial number than what I shipped Merle! So I would like to get this Drum to it's rightful owner. So if you know it's yours or you know who might own it please PM me. And we will work out the shipping details.

Thanks, Stampcollector

20190610_194725.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, I had a C-drum fixed by Merle and it still works great. I live in Charleston SC., a Sgt with the Charleston PD has expressed interest in fixing drums. Speaking to him today he stated he has fixed the L drums that are in Charleston’s inventory. On the 29th I will be meeting with him again so he can get a look at my C drum. So keep your fingers crossed, he was stoked to find out there is a market out there for his knowledge.

To Deavis, if you can contact me I would have some questions for you, as far as if Merle has material he is willing to sell to fix drums, etc. You can reach me at 843-824-8316 or krc9995@icloud.com.

If Mearle is not fixing drums, maybe he would be willing to part with whatever material he has for a price.

Hopefully we may have another Merle on tap, let’s keep our fingers crossed! Anybody on this forum is free to contact me with other ideas or help.

Ken Caro

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Ive been away for a bit.

I would be willing to go back under the same circumstances (If he knows Im coming and will receive me).

Based on my schedule, that could happen 11/22 late morning.

The situation there is ...delicate, and not effortless, but Id be willing to try.