Thompson

Hello

I just pick up a thompson M1 i don't know if it a new or old the seller said it's made by Auto Ordnance Worchester MA.

It came with a 16 in barrel and a 10.5 barrel new in wapper & a 30rd mag all for $700 shipped

I'M going to turn it into a SBR but i have one question when you pay the $200 tax stamp is that once a year or once and thats it?

Did i get a good deal or did i get fuc*?

thanks

Edited by M-2 CARBINE

M2 Carbine, the price paid is about right, since your Thompson is a new Kahr production M1. Put that shorter Barrel away until you get BATF approved to install it. You need only pay the tax once, not every year.

I would highly recommend either swapping out the mag catch for one that TommyGunner makes, or do the alterations yourself.

The how too's are covered in the FAQ section. Then you can use GI mags without destroying them to fit the gun.

TommyGunner.com

I agree with the rest, get the 10.5 out of the house! Just having it in the eyes of the ATF, is intent to manufacture a Short Barrel Rifle. (SBR)

I deleted the link. It was only working because I was logged in. Anyway, for those who are Gunsnet Members, do a search of the Forums for THOMPSON. For those who aren't members, go here if you should want to become one.: http://www.ak-47.net Click on FORUMS, and you may register...

Hello

I posted here because not many people at the AK.net have Thompson and I thought I would get all the info I need of this board. just for the record I will always love my AK first.

I posted at the ak. net just to see what kind of info i would get and to hear some storys.

thanks