M1 Carbine Ammo Pouch

M1Brian

Can someone anwser a few questions on the M1 Carbine ammo pouches? I want to get a pouch for the STOCK of my m1 carbine and I would like it to hold 2 fifteen round mags.

Is this possible? I dont want to sound stupid but I started looking for one and have read many different descriptions. First it looks like there is a difference but I have seen some listed as working on both the belt and the stock and then I have seen stock type listed as only being able to hold 2 fifteen round stripper clips. Are those just bad descriptions an am I correct in my asumption that there are 2 different type pouches. One pouch for the belt and one for the stock both being able to hold 2 fifteen round mags?

Thanks

M1Brian

Hello,

I've got a stock pouch on my Rockola carbine. You need a early pouch that has a full lenght belt loop on the back (mine is dated 1942). You need to take the action out of the stock first & then carefully slide the pouch onto the stock from the front of the stock (watch the inside snap on the belt loop as it can scratch the stock). I put a piece of duct tape over the snap to keep it from damaging the stock.

Good luck, Brent.