Ww2 Drums At Dallas Market Hall Show

I posted previously that Ryton Arms out of the UK was going to be at the Dallas Market Hall gun show with some WW2 drums. When they were here several months ago, they told me the drums (and likely other stuff) were coming out of Finland. Russian Lend-Lease stuff that never made it to Stalin I'm guessing? When I told them of the Sportsman's Guide deal, they suspected the drums were coming from the same source.

Well, I got to see the drums today. They were asking $700 for an AutoOrdnance drum and $600 for a Crosby. There were 3 drums displayed on the table. Externally, there was quite a bit of finish wear on all three. I would rate them "Good". Given the price and the external condition, I did not ask to open one up. Needless to say, I was disappointed as all of their other TSMG stuf is absolutely beautiful.

These will be fine at the Sportsman's Guide asking price.

Thanks for the information Kyle. I believe there is still hope the Sportsman's Guide drum sale will happen. I do not see them stringing everyone along if there is no chance the drums they are advertising cannot be obtained.

This sounds a lot like the 23 drums I cleaned up for a friend. He picked them up at the creek. The outside of the drums (Bridgeport, Seymour & Crosby) showed a fair amount of storage damage. The insides were almost pristene. All but 2 of these drums never had a round in them. I'd guess that the SG drums will be this way.