Well, it IS a Thompson Semi after all

Got a voicemail last night that I have won a raffle I'd bought a ticket for months ago. I'd bought the ticket in support of a Vet organization...didn't even look at what it was other than knowing it was an AR.

As it turns out, it's a (Kahr) Thompson AR 15. Kahr entered the AR 15 world this year and, I believe, currently only sell them directly out of their retail store, the Tommy Gun Warehouse, in Greely, PA. The store is about an hour away - where I got my M1A1 SBR - so I'll need to drive over there to pick it up.

There is just about no info out there on these that I can find. Based on the picture from the Vet Organization's web site, it appears to be an AR 15 pistol. Ripe for a Form 1 conversion to an SBR.

Kahr ar15.jpg

These are from Tommy Gun Warehouse's FB page.

30711780_1650927448317452_6240194594659631104_n.jpg

30739641_1650927471650783_4941179004385230848_n.jpg

I was surprised to find the Thompson brand on it - knew Kahr was going to jump into the market but assumed it would be under the Kahr brand or a new one.

Thoughts?

Love it, now go put a binary trigger in it and let us know what you think then! Hey, I'm 03hemi at the Springfield firearms forum by the way, I've seen some of your posts with your avatar.

I haven't ever tried a binary - might just have to do that. This AR pistol is a new experience - have to say that I enjoyed shooting it. The Springfield forum is so quiet - sometimes days go by with no posts - hopefully it will gain traction over time. See you over there!!

I get binaries at dealer prices as well as sb tactical braces that are collapsible, look like regular stocks but classified as a brace

I can fix u up and save u $$$.. No need to sbr when you see this brace. This brace will extend just like a regular collapsible.

UwQolj.jpg

Edited by Grease Gunner

SBR with the arm brace is the only way to go for sure, unless you just enjoy giving your hard earned money to Uncle Sam, waiting, waiting, waiting and waiting for something you can do yourself, "legally"!

Love it, now go put a binary trigger in it and let us know what you think then! Hey, I'm 03hemi at the Springfield firearms forum by the way, I've seen some of your posts with your avatar.

I haven't ever tried a binary - might just have to do that. This AR pistol is a new experience - have to say that I enjoyed shooting it. The Springfield forum is so quiet - sometimes days go by with no posts - hopefully it will gain traction over time. See you over there!!

Yes, I've noticed there's not a lot of activity over there as well.