7.62x25 Thompson Bolt

The 7.62x25 and 9x19 case head are only .001 different so any info you have for making a 9mm TSMG bolt would be the same. Basic idea is to weld or braze a reducing ring to the bolt face and make cuts for the extractor and ejector. Sometimes the ejector might need just a bit added to the tip.

case head

7.62x25 .393

9x19 .394

45 ACP .480

Years ago I had what was said the to be a conversion kit (Vietnam) to convert a M1928A1

Thompson to 7.62 x 25. It consisted of a bolt assembly I think with the wings cut

off the H-lock, and a sheet metal contraption that fitted to the trigger frame to accept

the 7.62 x 25 banana mags, and a barrel which I believe was a .45 barrel sleeved.

I will go digging and see if I can find the photos in my computer.

Bob

Edited by reconbob

• 3 months later...

I did this 10-15 years ago. Lots of fun although all I could find for x25 ammo was ONE box at Cabelas. Who even buys ammo by the box? I took the test run at a club in CT. Ran 5 rounds in semi then dumped the drum. Worked great. You'll have to extend the ejector, but if you did the 9mm conversion, you already know that.

If you get Small Arms Review, you can see the gun as it was the latest Frankengun winner. It's currently set up in 45, 40, 9mm, 7.62x25, and .22 long rifle. I'd like to get ahold of Merle to borrow his 400 carbon chamber reamer. He offered it years ago and I should have jumped.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent mine to PK to see about a Quick change barrel to convert it to 9mm/ 7.62- Sadly PK turned me down as the WH receiver receiver just did not have enough face to retread it properly- That was a 4 yr wait down the drain. Probably a good think as not able to get the 7.62 by the spam can cheap anymore, so sticking with .45 which I can reload for everything.