"Gunny Time" Reising Segment

Republic

They get a lot of things wrong (not retracting the action bar before manipulating the selector, the 3D parts diagram is wholly inaccurate, the "police" vs "military" model designation, etc.), but there are some interesting things to see here, particularly the high-speed footage.

Thats the first reising video that didnt have multiple jams

These shooter shows rely on 90% of the time spent on slow motion. They would be much better to have someone like ponytail boy to give detailed info and dissemble along with showing it shoot a bit. The slow motion stuff drives me nutty. You realize you barely saw the gun shoot at normal speed and learned 0 about what makes it unique

Terminator seems a bit slow in the head. His mother board must have been damaged in 1991. Or his nuclear powered battery had a meltdown

Edited by huggytree

Thats the first reising video that didnt have multiple jams

These shooter shows rely on 90% of the time spent on slow motion. They would be much better to have someone like ponytail boy to give detailed info and dissemble along with showing it shoot a bit. The slow motion stuff drives me nutty. You realize you barely saw the gun shoot at normal speed and learned 0 about what makes it unique

Terminator seems a bit slow in the head. His mother board must have been damaged in 1991. Or his nuclear powered battery had a meltdown

Thanks for my first laugh of the day! And absolutely correct review

Sadly Gunny Time is mass entertainment for those who are not particularly gun-savvy not in instructional video for knowledgeable enthusiasts. That's why we get useless graphics of weapon disassembly and posers like Robert Patrick doing an imitation of Gunny that's all bluster and no substance. The slo-mo stuff is annoying but hardly the worst thing they do. Using rifle caliber MGs to blow up watermelons at 50-100 yards is beyond ridiculous. Showing how well they establish a beaten zone at 400 would be more informative but not nearly as visual. I watch it mostly to see unusual weapons that I will probably never see in the flesh but I have no expectation of garnering much that is useful from it. The one bright spot is occasionally they have a guest (such as the Brit whose name I do not recall) who actually knows a lot about the gun he's demonstrating and manages to convey some of that over the blather.

Makes me wonder if the program is actually an anti gunner platform in disguise. It certainly seems to have little or no purpose except a sophomoric and insipid presentation, If I based everything I knew (regardless of subject) on this buffoonery I would likely not see the subject in a positive light.

Keith

none of the other gun shows give so little info and focus so heavily on slow motion. After 30 minutes you have learned next to nothing and have watched 20 minutes of slow motion of the same 3-4 mags over and over. They even do forward/reverse/forward with the slow motion to make it take 3x longer

Hire Pony tail boy...id love to watch more of his reviews

• 2 weeks later...

I'll watch Michelle and the guns but try to ignore the big dummy

It wasn't any better the second time around but the following program, Gun Stories was all about the Bren and worth watching

Edited by StrangeRanger