Price Of A Colt C Drum

I have the chance to buy a C drum for about $3800. The front has some pitting and the back is speckled with light pitting. I'm planning to go to the SAR show in Phoenix in December. Am I likely to find a better "deal" or should I take this one? All opinions wellcome. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

rjsleeper, IMHO that price is a little high. Do you know if it is a Colt original or some other manufacturer? If it is a Colt original, something closer to $3,000 is more reasonable (considering the pitting). Can you post a photo? Regards, Walter

rjsleeper, I have not been to the SAR show, but as I understand it, they are becoming quite rare everywhere. Maybe you can negotiate a fairer price from this seller. It could be a while before you see one for sale. I still think the price is a bit high, though. Good luck, Walter

Drum sold for $3800 soon after posted. I guess the bottom line is mismatched C drums are worth $3500-4000. That makes 2 sold at that price in the last 3 weeksright after they were posted for sale.