Thompson Items Coming Up for Auction

With David's permission. A heads-up to the forum members

The following items will be auctioned on Sunday, January 31st at GunauctionsUSA.com

This is the same auction that sold the three Thompson hard cases last auction.

(Their pre-bidding site w pics is up and running now.)

Three FBI transport cases for Remington 870 and Winchester .351 rifle.

Lot # 55063 Swetnam labled case for Remington 870

Lot # 55064 For Remington 870 with shell holder built in.

Lot # 55065 for Winchester .351

Lot # 55524 canvas case for the TSMG w/ butt stock pouch and magazine pouches Maker unknown

Lot # 55525 Mills marked canvas tsmg case w/ buttstock pouch and magazine pouches

Lot # 55526 Canvas cover for M1 TSMG

Lot # 55693 Canvas cover for M1 TSMG

Lot # 55570 U.S.M.C. 5-cell pouch with 5 20-rd mags (not patent date)

Lot # 55577 USMC canvas 3-cell pouch with 3 magazines

Lot # 55575 C-drum Auto Ordnance, numbered both sides # 0620 Brand new unused. (Not Colt) see forum references to determine which model

comes with Rusco canvas c-drum pouch

Was Swetnam still in business in 1950 when the 870 went into production replacing the Remington model 31? If Swetnam was not still in business in 1950 could the case be a repurposed Model 31 hard case?

My FBI related Remington 870 story is while taking a week long Remington 870 Armorer class the lead Remington instructor commented that they had designed a double ended metal magazine follower specifically at the FBI request so the agents could not put the factory plastic follower in backwards. If the factory follower is installed backward a shotgun shell can become lodged in the open end and not feed the last round.

Edited by Bridgeport28A1

Yeah, I was thinking about the FBI case for the 1907, as well. Ill step aside in hopes that someone else here will get it, and Ill get to see it.

The FBI cases listed for Remington 870s may be for Remington Model 31s. I have an FBI case for one that came out of the Cleveland office. Ill compare the photos to mine when I get a chance.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

You dirty rats. I thought that stuff was under the radar until the prices went to where they ended up and I got to thinking there must have been a post in the community somewhere, and came here to look...

I wonder if the shotgun case is actually for a Model 11 riot gun...in any event, have not seen either shotgun or rifle cases offered before. SMG cases are tough enough to turn up.

Going from memory I think the Justice Department got quite a few M97 riot/trench guns between the wars too. Of course, to my knowledge these cases would have been available at retail to anyone who wanted them and were probably made for pretty wide variety of makes/models. The magazine pockets for the M1907 case are really neat, and I think that clinches the weapon ID for that one pretty conclusively.

Kind of a blood bath on the .351 case $3400 before the premium, 14% cash 17%CC. IIRC someone from MO?

The other two cases $450 and $1700 + premium

Yeah, my measly bid went by faster than a fart in a tornado. I was shocked at the total, but, if you have two people who HAVE to have it.

Now to get with Greg Fox to make a repop.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the cheap case.....

A Model 11 fit like a glove

Model 37 fit fine

Model 31 fit fine

97, a no go.

I'd have to find my 870, but the case dimensions are pretty forgiving, unlike the other case I have which is 1930's and only fits the model 37 so far.

It would be interesting to get some verification if there is any if the case was made for a specific gun or loose enough for several models? This case is not that old relatively to others.

IMG_8431.JPG

• Upvote 1